Chapter 22 | Truce

"HARRY YOU FANCY AMELIA!" Hermione Granger exclaimed clamping a hand on her mouth excitedly. Harry's ear perked red as he looked down. Meanwhile Ron sat there with a smug look directed at Harry. 

     "I always knew about it" Ron said smugly gaining confused glances.

    "What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

    "Harry fancied Amelia since start" Ron began with a smirk "My whole Hogwarts life is spent with him, I've seen the way he away got so flustered around her everytime"

    "What are you talking about Ronald? They always fought" Hermione said with furrowed eyebrows. Ron rolled his eyes at the brightest witch.

    "They always fought because Harry is an idiot and she is really short tempered" Ron said "But everytime Harry would see her with Cedric or anyone he would simply get jealous—"

   "I dont get jealous!" Harry exclaimed defensively.

    "Oh really? The time when Cedric gifted Amelia a snitch, you saw it and you also wanted to do the same so you gifted her your first snitch on christmas— he told me everything about their time spent on christmas, you wont believe it Mione" Ron finished as if the wisest person alive.

    "O my god, so you've been crushing over her ever since" Hermione smirked giving Harry the look, who couldnt control the blush rush despite his attempts to fight it.

    "And isnt he lucky? He got the same girl he's been drooling since start?" Ron grinned at Harry.

    "Yeah I am damn lucky who got beaten up by her and she hates me with her soul" Harry rolled his eyes.

    "Because you are a jerk" Hermione shrugged and Harry thanked her for the information.

    "Try getting friendly with her, you know thats what normal people do" Hermione suggested. Harry sighed as always not knowing how to do it.

✩✩✩

    "Hey Lorry!" Harry exclaimed with a friendly smile as he reached the eighth years wing and found the redhead when he couldnt find Amelia.

    "First of all, its Lory not Lorry" lory corrected the boy who pursed his lips "And yeah, what do you need?"

    "Er– do you know where Amelia is?" Harry asked and Lory squinted her eyes at him before answering "I think she has gone to Black Lake"

    Harry merely grinned at the mention of the place and ran off. Lory shook her head and carried on. Harry was on his way to the Black Lake not knowing what he would say when he reaches there upon finding her. He just hoped everything goes well.

    Though, he didnt know what everything was. Reaching there he saw the familiar figure of Amelia sitting there at the bank of the lake. Her hair were tied in a messy bun and she was scribbling something on a parchment in her lap. Last he saw her today was in the lunch time in the great hall, and now at the dusk time just before the dinner he found her again.

    Amelia's head jerked up as she heard the sounds of footsteps on the sand, she turned her head around to see who was coming with a stupid grin on his face. She turned back furrowing her eyesbrows and wondered how can he come out of nowhere?

    Harry held a small smile as he uninvitedly sat down beside her resting his arms on his knees as he stared at the beautiful lake which showed the reflection of the purplish orange sky and whispered a "Hi"

   "What do you want?" She asked as she turned to him.

    To spend time with you.