Partners

Two hours later after her and Nabi's conversation. Saebyeok woke up to Gi-hun laying down the old man in one of the beds, while cursing under his breath as he realized the bottle he opened was empty.

Seeing this, she looked around and grabbed her half empty water bottle and handed it to the man.

"Here. Use this" Gi-hun turned around to the girl that was holding out a bottle with water. He grabbed it from her hand and didn't hesitate to pour it on a small fabric that he tore from a blanket earlier, then he carefully placed it on the old man's forehead, silently hoping that he'd be alright and well for the fourth game.

"Thankyou, friend" He said, making Gi-hun smile. When he turned around, he saw Saebyeok sitting down where he was earlier and keeping watch, so he decided to walk towards her and sat beside the girl.

"You should go and rest. I can handlethis alone" he said to the girl who replied with "We agreed to do pairs. And I'm already awake now."

After a second of silence Gi-hun turned to the girl and said "Thanks so much. For this" lifting up the now empty bottle.

"It wasn't for free. You can pay me back tomorrow" Saebyeok said, making the man scoff and chuckle.

Time passes and now almost half of the team is awake. Since she was bored, Ji-yeong turned to the only person she was close to and started messing with her

"Gaaaaaaab" She sang impatiently while poking the sleeping girls face. Sighing, she turns to the short haired girl who was staring into space and said "Is she always this hard to wake up?" Which caught Saebyeok's attention.

"No, but let her sleep. The fourth game might start soon, she'll probably need extra rest" she looked at Ji-yeong who now placed her chin in her hand "Aweeee, how sweet" the girl teased while pouting and wiggling her eyebrows, which only received a glare coming from Saebyeok.

Seems like that girl won't budge, so Ji-yeong shrugged and started to braid Nabi's hair while she continued to sleep.

Minutes later a very loud siren started playing causing Nabi to wake up and look around in panic, not really noticing her half braided hair.

When she stood up along with the others, she saw those masked guards entering the room and pointing guns at players while the rest started to remove the barricades that they made in order to have access to them, while at the same time the woman in PA started speaking

"Attention. All players, please make your way to the center of the room. Once again. Attention. All players, please make your way to the center of the room"

"Hey. Move it" Said the guard.

Looking at her hair weirdly, Nabi turned around to see Ji-yeong skipping while looking around trying to avoiding her gaze as they make their way towards the center of the room. Shaking her head she decided not to remove the braid, even though it was half done and very messy.

When all the players lined up in the middle of the room the guards started looking at them one by one from head to toe, and to be honest it was kinda uncomfortable for Nabi.

"Attention. The fourth game is about to begin. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way thowards the game hall. Let me repeat the instructions. The fourth game is about to begin. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way thowards the game hall"

When they arrived at the colorful stairs, everyone's eyes darted towards the five hanging bodies from the ceiling. One was the doctor and the rest were the guards.

"Players, what you witness before you is what remains of those who broke the rules for their own benefit. They tainted the pure and fair ideology everything here has been built upon. Each and every one of you is considered an equal within the walls ofthis facility. You must be guaranteed the same opportunities without being disadvantaged or facing any kind of discrimination. We truly apologize for allowing such an unacceptable incident to occur"