2 years later

It's been two whole years since Nabi's death, and two years since Saebyeok and Gi-hun won the game.

At the final game, guilt consumed Sang-woo and he admitted what he did was unacceptable and that he was only thinking about himself. But that time it was real, he was crying and got on his knees begging for forgiveness to Saebyeok.

She never forgave him, nor planned to.

No sorry was gonna bring her Nabi back.

But at the end Sang-woo took his own life in Gi-hun's arms by stabbing his neck.

She didn't feel guilty about his death. 'He deserved it' she thought.

Fortunately, since it was the last game, Gi-hun and Saebyeok both won and got the money.

Apparently at the time of Nabi's death, Sang-woo had locked Gi-hun in a bathroom stall so he wouldn't ruin his plan. And when he got out, he witnessed the guards placing Nabi's body in a coffin with Saebyeok crying begging the guards to be careful with her.

He kept glancing at the girl after what happened, she didn't touch her food or talk the rest of the night.

Her eyes were also bloodshot from crying and her clothes and hands were covered in Nabi's blood, but she made no effort to wipe it off.

He didn't know what to do or went over him, but he stayed with the grieving girl the entire night and comforted her the best as he could.

Back to present time. Saebyeok already used most of her money to get her mother home from the north and her brother out of the shelter, after that she bought a house for the three of them.

Even though she never felt happy about spending the money, she wanted to give the two of them the life that they've always dreamed of. The life that they deserve.

As for the rest of the money that was left, she saved it for future purposes.

Her and Gi-hun kept in touch after the game ended. He assured her that everything will be okay one day.

But as time passed, that day never came.

While driving around to clear her mind, Saebyeok took a quick stop at the arena where she used to buy her favorite coffee from. But when she finished getting her beverage, Saebyeok couldn't help but look the corner of the registration room.

She could see several picture frames that were on the wall. On the bottom of the frames were names of the employee and the word 'employee of the month'

Upon examining each individual pictures, her eyes landed on a familiar girl whose face she will never forget.

Geun Nabi
Employee of the month

Saebyeok froze to her spot as she feels her eyes start water. For some reason Saebyeok has been carrying the guilt and blames herself for Nabi's death. If she didn't tell Nabi to wait outside, this whole situation would've been avoided.

Wiping the tears that had escaped from her eyes, Saebyeok took one last glance at the smiling girl in the frame before deciding to leave.

ˋ°•*⁀➷. * ˚ ✦.

"Hey honey, where have you been?" Saebyeok's mom asked when she walked in the livingroom.

"Just driving around" she replied.

"Okay, well if you need anything I'll be here alright?" Her mother said recieving a nod from Saebyeok as the girl made her way to her room.

When she closed the door, she walked over to her desk and reached over to grab a pack of matches.