Marbles

"Hey, you. Be partners with me"

When Nabi turned around she saw a man standing behind her with a smirk plasterd in his face, while his eyes roam around her body like she was some kind of bait? It made her uncomfortable but she decided to keep her calm while taking a quick glance at the man's number. Player 303.

"And why would i?" She scoffed at he man, knowing he's apart of Deok-su's minions.

"Well, seeing as your little girlfriend over there abandoned you. I think you should be honored I'm offering to be partners. And besides, I've got my eyes on you for quite a while now. I must say, you're quite the looker" He chuckled while licking his lips in a seductive way.

Nabi couldn't help but glare at the man. Sure, she liked it when he called Saebyeok her girlfriend. But other than that, everything that he said grossed her out.

"I'd rather die by jump off a bridge than be partners with you"

"Ouch, well you can't do anything about that now can you? Time is ticking my darling, tick.....tok" The man whispered to Nabi while leaning forward to the point she could feel his breathing.

Backing away from the man as Nabi looked at the time, she knew she doesn't have any other choice but to accept, seeing as there's only one minute left at the timer.

With a blank face and a glare, Nabi's eyes went back to the man who was now holding his hand for a handshake. She accepted it, but not without crushing his fingers with her hands, making him slightly hiss from the pain.

From across the room, Saebyeok's eyes followed the girl walking to their direction, with the man who was massaging his hand trailing behind her. It was clear to the eye that she wanted anyone but him to be partnered up with. If she was fast enough to accept the handshake Nabi offered earlier, they wouldn't have been separated.

When she made it. Nabi pulled both Saebyeok and Ji-yeong in for a hug, which was kinda difficult since one was towering both of them "Be careful you two alright. That's my only rule" she whispered, giving the two a quick kiss on the head while flashing a small smile as she walked away with her partner.

"Same goes for you Gab" whispered Ji-yeong, even though she knew Nabi won't hear it over Mi-nyeo's screams. Looking to her side, Ji-yeong noticed the girl beside her wasn't paying attention at all. She was just standing there, looking at a specific girl.

"Oi, pay attention to the robot lady" Ji-yeong snapped at the girl beside her "Ignore Mi-nyeo, she's having a fit because she couldn't find a partner in time, poor her." Was she being sarcastic?

"Also, there's plenty of time to stare at Gab. But atleast continue after the game" she said.

"I'm not staring"

Sure..

When they walked out of the room, they were welcomed by a buch of fake houses and a very detailed painting of the sun setting.

"Attention. All players, please follow the staff to your designated positions for the game."

As they made it to their spot, that was a small stairway that led to nowhere. The guard in front of them handed out two small pouches of marbles.

"Players, please take one bag each from the staff member before you. There should be a set of ten marbles in each bag. Please check to confirm the number. In this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game of your choice with your partner. The player who manages to take all ten marbles from their partner wins"

Guilt started to consume Saebyeok as it seemed that Ji-yeong somehow knew both can't make it out alive, maybe that's why she interrupted her and Nabi earlier. Ofcourse Saebyeok was thankful that she did, but the girl and Nabi are friends. It pained her to know that one of them won't be coming back.