In Love?

As Saebyeok returned to the dorms, she frantically looked around for Nabi hoping she was here. She made sure not to miss a single corner of the room before deciding to sit in one of the beds and wait for her to enter.

She could feel her heart pounding in panic as the time slowly runs out but still no sign of Nabi anywhere. She began to tap her feet against the floor in order to calm herself down.

Her head snapped thowards the door as she heard it's familiar opening beep. While examining the last batch of players who entered, her breathing became more more uneven as it seemed Nabi wasn't included in the group who came back.

"Come on, come on. Where the fuck are you Nabi." She mumbled to herself as her palms started to sweat.

Apparently, her assumptions were wrong as the door opened again reveling Gi-hun and her.

"Nab" She signed in relief as she stood up and ran her way thowards Nabi and pulling her to a bone crushing hug with one of her hand holding the back of her head.

Saebyeok could feel the girl trembling in her arms, even though she didn't want to. Saebyeok pulled away from the embrace and walked her to her bed she previously sat on.

She decided to get food for the both of them, letting Nabi rest for a while. Handing her the potato she was given, Saebyeok watched as Nabi only held it in her hands, not even bothering to eat it.

"Nabi you can't just starve yourself to death, you have to eat" she sternly told the girl who shook her head.

Saebyeok didn't know how to comfort people before, especially those who just lost someone important in their life, but her thoughts were cut off by a man begging for the game to be stopped.

"Let..let's just stop all this. I can't keep doing this. I can't. The majority must agree. Well, come on, let's get out. Helf of us, that's all we need to end this right now." He cried.

Nabi lets out a few sniffles while watching the man. She can't blame him for wanting to end the game, ofcourse herself wanted to agree with him, but it's not like it can bring back those that they lost.

"Don't any of you want to leave this horrible place? Anyone who wants to go, stand up. Let's get out of here." He took a pause to look around, hoping someone would stand to agree with him, but no one did.

"How can you call yourselves human? How many of you can continue with this insanity just for the money? You just had to kill the ones you were the closest to at this place, and you're good with that"

Giving a glance at the girl beside her, Saebyeok's heart broke as she sees Nabi's eyes filled with tears but none was spilling out. She knew Ji-yeong ment a lot to her, even if they had only known each other for a day or so, they had already bonded like, well as they said, "long lost siblings"

"So what if we stop now?" Said Sang-woo as he walked thowards the grieving man. "You think your wife will stop being dead if we all go now? And she'll forgive you for letting her get murdered? If you can't keep going, then why are you alive right now? You should've been the one who died in there instead. See that?" He pointed thowards the giant pig filled with money.

"That's the price of being in here. And your wife and the others paid it with their lives. And you want to go and leave? You wanna start from the beginning again? You ready to do that, huh? Starting over again from nothing with that guilt" he continued while dropping the man's collar from his grip. "And is everybody here ready to do that as well? Go ahead, stand up! Lets see who thinks they are. Get up and get out of here!" He yelled, causing everyone to go silent other than player 69's cries.

ˋ°•*⁀➷. * ˚ ✦.

After a sitting in complete silence, Saebyeok turned to Nabi and asked "Are you alright?" Causing her to look at her direction.