04. Breaking the Norm

"So, tell me princess, what is your ideal date?" Dylan asked as he turned to face Camilla, who now laid on the blanket as well, gazing at the peaceful sky.

       "Something different," Camilla answered, before turning to face Dylan. Their gazes meeting one another as they shared a smile.

       "And what would count as different for you?"

       Camilla thought for a second then her eyes lit up. "A movie date!" She grinned. "I have never been to a movie theater and I have always wanted to watch one of those action movies."

       "Well, your wish is my command." Dylan replied as he looked down at Camilla who couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

"Really?" Camilla raised an eyebrow.

"I am serious," Dylan assured.

"As much as I would love to go, have you met my mother?"

The two turned to the Queen Mother who was still seated a couple of feet away from them. They waved at her with innocent smiles and she waved backed.

"She would never agree to such a date." Camilla sighed as she laid back with a pout.

"It can be a rendezvous," Dylan suggested.

Camilla tapped her chin and glanced over at Dylan. "And how exactly will we get there?"

"Leave that to me," Dylan smirked. "If you are willing to take this risk, meet me at my suite, number 10. I am staying at the estate, in the royal court rooms."

"I will think about it," Camilla replied, hesitant to do something so daring, yet still considering it.

"I hope to see you there, princess."

***

Rebecca examined her daughter who was staring out the window with a giddy smile. "The Duke really made quite an impression."

       "He's intriguing," Camilla shrugged, trying to act nonchalant, however inside she felt the excitement build up as she remembered Oliver's request.

       "Your royal highness," Antonio called out as he opened the door for the two royals. Camilla gave him a grateful smile as he helped her out. Rebecca following shortly behind her.

       "Good afternoon, family." Camilla chirped as she walked into the main lounge. Flora sat on one of the couches, her lady-in-waiting seated next to her going over some upcoming events. The two children of mischief were for once seated calmly in front of their mother, working on separate coloring books with French sentences and their English translations. Hayden was sitting next to his children around the coffee table, crisscrossed on the floor with the royal accounting book in hand.

       "How was the date?" Flora asked, wanting to get the full scoop.

       "Well," Camilla walked over to the empty armchair near Flora, plopping onto it. "Viscount Guido is very gentleman-like. He is very serious about marriage and having a potential family in the future."

       "I am sensing a 'but' here," Flora commented.

       Camilla bit her lip. "He is a very lovely gentleman and quite handsome, I just do not know. We did not click. Which is odd because I had spent all my teenage years enamored by him."

       "However with Duke Somerset," Rebecca mumbled, trying to hide a teasing smirk.

       "Madre!"

       Rebecca shrugged innocently as she sat beside Flora. "She was quite intrigued by the young Duke," she told Flora in a whisper.

       Flora turned to Camilla with an interested smile. "Do tell, sister."

       Camilla stood up with a shy smile, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red. "I am done being interrogated!"

       "Awww, come on!" Flora whined causing Camilla to chuckle. Camilla leaned down and kissed the cheeks of her niece and nephew before leaving the lounge.

Camilla scurried through the halls before arriving at her room. She quickly slipped out of the outfit her mother had picked and went to the bathroom attached to her bedroom. She took the remaining garments off and hopped into the bathroom, letting the warm water wash away the hairspray from her hair. Her straighten blonde locks morph into their original coiled form. She was beyond excited for this rendezvous.

***

       Dylan looked down at his watch. Maybe Camilla had not fallen for him completely yet? With a sigh he walked over to the bedroom attached to his bedroom, he washed his hands and patted them dry before pulling out his contact case. Before he could proceed to remove the contacts, his phone began to ring. He looked down and saw a familiar name flash in the screen.

       "Hello, Hector," Dylan greeted dryly.

       "Is it done?"

       Dylan looked down at his phone, staring at Hector who was on the other side of the screen. "Wooing a princess is not as simple as you may think."

       "Well, make it simple." Hector growled, before ending the call.

Dylan slammed his fists in the marble countertop, huffing in annoyance. Making Camilla fall completely in love with him was not going to be a quick process. The slight knock at his bedroom door brought him out of his thoughts.

"Who the—"

The princess stood in front of Dylan wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans and fake glasses. Her wild curly hair was tucked under the hood, she looked completely different.

"Hey," Camilla grinned at Dylan who stared down at her surprised.