17. Will You Marry Me?

Everything happened in a blink of an eye. Camilla was ushered into the palace where a million questions were thrown at her at once. She tried to come up with a sly lie for each, trying not sound suspicious.

"Your highness, could you describe your captor for us?" Julian asked and my lips parted slightly.

       "I-I can't really recall, it all happened too fast," Camilla said as I tried to sound confused.

"Your highness, I really need you to remember. Anything at all, even if it's a small detail," Julian insisted.

Camilla recalled Dylan's earlier words. "A-Actually this man said that he was—umm, he was some sort of fan. I told him that my brother would send the Night Squad and t-that seemed to scare him and he left."

"He just left without doing nothing?" Julian asked unconvinced. The story seemed too unreal for him.

       Camilla nodded as she remained calm. At least as calm as she could be. She just wished that Dylan could be here to help her, after all he was the mister wanted liar of England. The anger she held for Dylan arose again as she remembered what he had done.

       "Did this man have any tattoos? Anything that could help us recognize him among the crowd?" Julian insisted.

      Camilla swallowed the nervous lump in her throat as she straighten herself out.

      "I would like to see my family now," she said in a demanding tone. "I am tired of repeating myself. I did not get a glimpse of my captor."

       Julian lifted a brow. "But you were seen talking to him prior to the kidnapping, your highness?"

       Fuck. Camilla knew she was screwed now.

       A light knock at the door brought both of their attention to the incoming person. Hayden appeared as the door swung open.

       "Julian, your help is very much appreciated, but I believe my sister has had enough trauma for a day," Hayden said and Julian nodded understandingly.

       "I will be on my way. Thank you for your time, your highness," Julian bowed his head before exiting the room.

       Hayden rushed over to his sister and engulfed her in a hug. Camilla finally let herself break down. She buried her head into his shoulders and held onto him.

       "It's okay, your safe now," Hayden assured as he rubbed his sister's back comfortingly. Camilla was not crying over the kidnapping though. She was crying over the man who broke her heart.

       The young princess had allowed herself to fall for someone and was betrayed. The worst was that she still cared for him, despite everything.

"My love," Dylan burst through the door dramatically and Camilla held back the urge to roll her eyes. "I am so glad that you are okay."

She knew that his actions were just for show. A part of the plan to get the royal sapphire.

       "Do you think this has anything to do with the few Lorenzo followers left?" Flora asked as she stepped into the room.

       Camilla frowned upon hearing the forsaken name. Lorenzo Bianchi had murdered her father in cold blood years back. Although he was incarcerated, there were still a few people left that sought revenge for their leader.

       "I don't know, but whoever it was will end up behind bars," Hayden said with a determined frown. Dylan looked mortified by Hayden's expression.