25. The Royal Wedding Disaster

Camilla's attempt to persuade her mother into canceling the wedding were to no vain. The Queen Mother knew better than to believe her daughter's lied about feeling ill.

As her ladies-in-waiting zipped up the dress, Camilla felt constrained and suffocated. She stared at the mirror in front of her. The memories from the prior night were still edged inside her mind.

Dylan's kisses that had travelled every part of her body. Places that no one had ever seen.

"Now, your wedding night does not have to be tonight. Miguel has agreed to respect your final decision and..." Rebecca's words trailed off into the distance. None of them were picked up by the distracted princess.

Camilla knew that the only way to stop this unwanted wedding was to tell her mother the truth of last night.

"I am not a virgin anymore mother." Her words were fast and direct.

Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and stood frozen in place. The Queen Mother was left speechless.

"W-What do you mean child?" Rebecca asked trying her best to stay calm.

"As of last night, I am no longer suit to marry," Camilla said, this time more proudly. "I gave myself to the man I truly love."

Rebecca's eyes twitched slightly.

"EVERYONE OUT!" The angry Queen Mother exclaimed.

The servants waisted no time in scurrying out of the room. They made sure to wait until the double-doors to begin whispering among themselves.

Rebecca turned her cold gaze to her daughter. She approached her slowly, like a lion hunting it's prey.

"You insolent child! How dare you let that man disgrace you?!" Rebecca barked. "You have a decent man waiting for you at the alter and you decided to be unfaithful?"

"I don't love that man!" Camilla argued. "I am tired of having to do things I don't want to for the sake of this family. Not once have you stopped to ask what I want! Dylan is the only person who makes me feel normal. Not like I'm some sort of pawn in a game."

"You have everything Camilla! Everything!" Rebecca placed her hand on her forehead. "You better pray that no child was conceived from your infidelity to Lord Guido."

"And what if I do, huh? Will you banish my child away like you did to Dylan?"

Rebecca lifted her hand and Camilla waited for the impact, but it never came.

"That's enough!" Guilia held onto her daughter-in -law's hand. "Can you not see the poor girl has been through enough? Why must you always put the crown above your family's happiness?"

"The whole world will talk." Rebecca's hand slipped out of Guilia's grip.

"Then let them," Guilia replied. "When they found out about the true nature of Hayden and Flora's marriage, they talked. But look, everyone has forgotten about it now. Let them be happy Rebecca. It's what her father would have wanted for her. What he wanted for his children."

Rebecca turned to her daughter with glossy eyes.

"Do what you want," she finally sighed. "Just don't come crying to me when that boy breaks your heart again."

Rebecca rushed out of the room leaving behind her daughter and mother-in-law.

"Thank you!" Camilla rushed over to her grandmother and hugged her.

"I think we should properly announce the wedding is cancelled," Guilia replied. "And then you and your duke-prince friend can be together."

Camilla grinned from ear-to-ear upon hearing her grandmother's words.

The two woman walked down the stairs and into the royal lounge where the private civil ceremony was to be held. Only those with royal status had been invited. From there, they were supposed to head to the church to celebrate their marriage with the rest of the world, however that would not be that case anymore.

Camilla felt her heart rate quicken as they reached the double-doors. She knew that Miguel probably didn't deserve her betrayal, but she could not be with a man she did not love.

When the doors opened, everyone wore serious expression. Rebecca had already broken the news to Miguel.

       The brunette boy who was all dressed up as a proper royal groom turned to Camilla with angry eyes.

       "Is it true? Are you really cancelling our wedding?" He asked in a rage-filled tone.

       Camilla nodded. "I'm sorry, Miguel but-"

       "You were my ticket to becoming the King!" Miguel barked and everyone turned to him shocked. "I will be King!"

       Miguel pulled out the sword he had and turned toward Hayden who stood beside him. Everyone gasped as Dylan pushed the King aside and took the hit.

       "Guards!" The Queen cried out and the royal guards showed up within a matter of seconds.

       Dylan laid on the floor with a deep cut to his side. Camilla rushed to his side.

       "Hey, hey. You're okay," Camilla tried to calm down a convulsing Dylan.

       "Not again," Dylan's mother cried out as she crouched down beside the princess.

       "I think that should make up for what I did, huh?" Dylan joked as his breathing became unsteady.

       "Get a medic!" Guilia yelled out as the commotion began to die down and Miguel was dragged away.

       Camilla's makeup was ruined by her tears. She watched as Dylan's eyes slowly closed.

       "No, no, no!" She cried out.

       The distraught princess tried to shake him away, but it was to no vein. She held onto Dylan's body as they waited for the medics to arrive.