08. E Solo Con Un Bacio

Camilla looked in the mirror, her fingers on her lips as she remembered her actions from the prior night. She grimaced at the thought. She had let jealousy take ahold of her.

       "Stupid, stupid, stupid," she chanted as she gently hit her head.

       "I am guessing things are not working out with the Duke," Rebecca noted as she entered her daughters room.

       The image of Duke Somerset kissing her causing caused the anger to return, but this time Camilla was able to calm her nerves.

       She straightened her back as she continued to pamper herself. "It seems as though Duke Somerset's interest has shifted," Camilla mumbled.

       "Whatever do you mean?"

        Camilla turned to her mother with a sigh. "I saw him kissing cousin, Mila. He seemed to be enjoying himself, so I rather not waste my time."

       "Hence the kiss with Lord Guido," Rebecca concluded. She walked over to her daughter and cupped her face. "My dear, you know how your cousin is with men. Are you sure that the Duke returned the affection or was just in shock of your cousin's bold moves?"

       Camilla took a minute to process her Mother's words. Her cousin, Mila, who was a widowed Countess and in search of a new wealthy husband. She was known to her very bold. Kissing men without constant and wooing her way into them.

Rebecca watched as realization hit Camilla. "Nonetheless, Lord Guido is downstairs. He seems eager to have a word with you." She informed.

"What did I get myself into?" Camilla groaned in annoyance as she slouched back into her chair.

"I'll let you get ready," Rebecca said before stepping out of the room. As much as she wanted to aid her daughter, she knew that Camilla had to take responsibility for her actions.

Camilla quickly combed her straightened locks before applying a bit of lipstick. She walked down the stairs, all the while she felt her heart beat accelerate. She was determined to clear the air with both the Duke and Lord Guido.

"You are quite a player, your highness." Camilla froze at the familiar voice. She twisted her head back and found the Duke standing there with an unamused expression. "Kissing other men while wooing me, tsk, tsk, tsk."

Camilla's lips formed into a hard line. "You are one to talk, your grace," she retorted. "Kissing my cousin whilst making me believe you were actually interested in me."

Dylan's lips coiled into a tiny smirk. "So, that's why you kissed the Lord?" Dylan stalked over to Camilla and princess took a step back until she found herself trapped between the Duke and a wall. "Are you jealous, your highness?"

Camilla could feel her heart beating hard against her chest as she avoided Dylan's gaze. "I-I am certainly not jealous," she scoffed. "Just angered that you turned out to be a womanizer."

Dylan's chuckle echoed through the hall and this caused Camilla's skin to boil. Not wanting to draw attention, Camilla grabbed Dylan's hand and pushed him into one of the vacant rooms nearby.

"You are just so full of yourself!" Camilla could feel the emotion inside her get out of control like never before. "To think that I was falling for yo—" Camilla gasped as she let the last sentence slip.

       "You were falling for me?" Dylan raised an eyebrow as his smirk grew.

       "Goodbye, your grace," the blonde huffed as she walked toward the door but Dylan blocked her path. He grabbed a hold of Camilla's wrist and pulled her toward his chest.