07. Unexpected Visits Lead to Jealousy

Camilla walked out into the estate garden, a giddy smile on her face. Saturday. It was the best day of the week. Mostly because the princess did not have any etiquette lessons that day, nor any princess-like duties to accomplish. This meant she could finally spend time with her suitor.

       A familiar laughter echoed through the garden. "Oh my gosh, you are so funny and handsome. You are definitely a whisk of fresh air."

       "Thanks?" Dylan looked down confused at the compliment.

       "I expect to see you at the next ball, your grace." The dirty blonde walked her fingers up Dylan's chest, causing Camilla to clench her jaw.

       Dylan chuckled nervously as he removed the lady's hand from his chest. "Likewise, Countess."

"Please, call me Mila."

"As you wish, Mila." Dylan said with a strained smile.

"Au revoir, cutie." Mila blew Dylan a kiss as she walked away, leaving Dylan behind with an amused expression.

Camilla watched as the familiar figure walked away and she slowly approached Dylan, with arms crossed she stood beside him. "I see you have met my cousin."

Dylan was startled by Camilla's presence, but the shock of her statement caused him to shake it off. "She's your cousin?" He asked in disbelief.

Camilla nodded. "Maternal cousin."

"Well, I am quite happy I am courting you and not her." Dylan commented and Camilla raised an eyebrow.

"So, we are officially courting?"

Dylan turned to Camilla with a rugged smile. "If your highness is willing to let me escort you to the next ball, I am certain that will make it official?"

"I believe so," Camilla grinned. "Now, I believe you were in need of a tutor to enhance your Italian dialect?"

       "You are correct, cara mia."

       "I am impressed," Camilla said with an amused smile. "I see you have been studying, your grace."

"If I am to stay in Italy, I should best learn the native language."

Camilla raised an eyebrow, trying her best not to smile widely like a school-girl when she is asked out by her crush. "Confident, aren't we?" She teased.

       "Very,"

       The two smiled at one another, but Camilla was the first to look away, her cheeks turning red. The two walked in silence down the garden before they were halted by a loud shriek.

"Flora!"

       The two turned around to find an overly ecstatic blonde running toward Flora, who had been busy reading a book in the once quiet garden. The two shared a hug, both of them jumping up and down with happy smiles.

"Who is that?" Dylan asked amused by the blonde's loud entrance.

       A smile creeped onto Camilla's lips. "Indiana Evans. She was Flora's prior lady-in-waiting."

       "Camilla, come say hi!" Flora called out.

       Camilla glanced up at Dylan with a hopeful look in her eyes. "They will be holding a welcoming party for all arriving guests. Will I see you there?"

       "I shall see you there, your highness."

       "Until tonight then," Camilla whispered before walking over to Flora and Indiana.

***

       Camilla walked past the opening double-doors wearing a light beige dress completely embroidered with faux diamonds. She was surprised by the crowd of gentleman that awaited her.

       "Princess Camilla, you look splendid tonight,"

       "As beautiful as a delicate flower,"

       "You look exquisite, your highness,"

       Camilla smiled politely as she tried to walk past the crowd and thanking them for their compliments. However, she was found herself drowning in the sea of men. It angered her that now every bachelor seemed to have the guts to talk to her.

"Excuse me," she said gently but no one listened.

"I am pretty sure her highness would appreciate some much needed space," everyone dispersed upon hearing Lord Guido's stern voice. Camilla took in a deep breathe before turning to Miguel with a grateful smile. "I must say, my competition seems to grow with each passing day."

"It seems so," Camilla chuckled as she straightened out her gown.

"May I get you something to drink? Or offer you a dance, your highness?" Miguel asked with an outstretched arm.

Camilla bit her lip. She looked around hoping to find the Duke. She hesitantly slid her hand into Miguel's and nodded.

Miguel wasted no time and guided the princess toward the dance floor, happy to have her first dance of the night and some alone time.

"I must say you are a pretty good dancer, Lord Guido," Camilla said trying to break the silence surrounding them.

"You are not to bad yourself, your highness."

The two followed the other couples, everyone following the same steps in sync. They glided down the floor while the rest of guests stared in awe. The men picked up their partners, lifting them up in the air and twirling around.

       Camilla could see the vast room and guests. Her eyes then fell on the Duke who stood at the far corner, but he was not alone. With her arms wrapped around his neck and tongue down his throat was Mila. The anger rose inside Camilla quickly.

       "I think the crowd deserves a show," Camilla mumbled and Miguel raised an eyebrow confused by her statement. Before he could ask what she meant, Camilla brought Miguel down to his height and pressed their lips together as the song came to a slow end.

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! I am finally back in this account! I am hoping to finish this book and Boyfriend for Rent by July, but right now all my focus is on this novel

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! I am finally back in this account! I am hoping to finish this book and Boyfriend for Rent by July, but right now all my focus is on this novel. I am happy to announce that I have also begun writing on my old account, Xx_Life_to_Live_xX . I have four completed works on that account and one on-going story title Rules of Loving. If you are into more adult-based novels and billionaire romances, you should definitely check them out.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of The Princess and the Fraud! Feel free to vote, comment and share if you enjoyed. You can expect a weekly update for this novel. So, next week you will get a new chapter. Stay awesome and safe my lovelies!
Xoxo, Liz