13. The Italian Festival

"You know you have been very distracted lately," Rebecca noted.

       Camilla who had been distracted with her thoughts turned her gaze from the scenery to her concerned mother.

"I was just thinking," Camilla offered her mother a reassuring smile but Rebecca was not convinced.

       "Tell me, what is wrong?" Rebecca pressed on.

"It was just the encounter with Prince Nicolas," Camilla lied, smiling once again to reassure her worried mother. "I just do not want him to cause another scene."

"And he won't," Rebecca assured. "We have already warned Queen Diana of his presence here and she has given her word to imprison him if he attempts any funny business."

"Good," Camilla said firmly. However, her inner worry did not go away.

The truth was she could not stop thinking about the Duke and what she had heard him talking about through the phone. Then at the ball she saw the hungry look in his eyes when they laid upon the royal sapphire strapped around Flora's finger.

The young princess did not want to jump to conclusions before she confronted him, but she had a bad feeling at the bit of her stomach.

       "We are here," the driver announced as the car came to a slow stop outside the plaza. The Italian flag colors could be seen proudly everywhere.

       "Don't let Prince Nicolas' tantrum ruin this day," Rebecca grabbed gently onto Camilla's chin. "Put on a pretty smile and show them that their princess remains unfazed."

       Camilla's lips drew into a forced smile.

       "Yes mother," she said with an obedient tone.

"Please welcome the Italian royal family, the strong crown of Italy—House of Valentino."

       Everyone cheered as the royal family members each stepped out of the two vehicles. Many of the on-watchers scooted closer to get a glimpse of the young future king and the beautiful young princess.

       "It is a pleasure to have you here your majesties," the chancellor of the Italian festival said.

       "We are excited to be here," Hayden replied as he shook his hand.

       The music began once again and the royal family dispersed with their designated body guards. Camilla looked around hoping to find her official suitor.

       "Look for someone," Camilla turned to the familiar voice and a smile formed on her lips.

       "I am glad to see you could make it, your grace," Camilla replied.

       Camilla felt something rush inside of her as she laid eyes on the Duke. He looked more ravishing then ever. His messy locks were slicked back neatly and he had on an expensive black Prada suit.

       "You clean up well," she noted.

       Dylan looked down at his attitude and smiled shyly, rubbing the back his neck.

       "I figured that I'd I am going to be your official suitor, I should look the part too." Dylan explained. Camilla looked up at him touched by his gesture. She knew that the Duke was not much to care about his appearance despite being a Duke, he was a free soul but he was willing to try for Camilla.

       Camilla bit down on her lower lip. She was conflicted on what to believe. She wanted to give Oliver the benefit of the doubt, but she could also not ignore what she heard him say the other day.

       With a determined look she turned up to face Dylan. She would find out the truth.

       "I have been meaning to talk to you-"

       Dylan's ringtone interrupted Camilla's sentence and he gave her an apologetic smile. He quickly checked the caller ID and his face went pale.

       "I have to take this call," Dylan said attempting to hide the phone from Camilla who looked at it curiously.

      "But—" Dylan smiled apologetically once again before walking away toward the small park nearby.

"Hello?" Dylan answered with an annoyed tone once he was far away from the noisy festival.

"You sure do look like one of them," Hector said through the phone. "That is quite a nice Prada suit you have on."

Dylan felt the blood drain out of his body. He looked around hoping to see if anyone was looking at him. There had to be someone here for Henry to know exactly what Dylan was wearing.

"I need more time," Dylan begged.

"I have given you enough time," Hector replied. "Wooing a princess with your charm should not be that hard. I am starting to think you are stalling your mission for her royal highness' sake. Maybe I should send one of my men there to torture her and get my ring that way instead?"

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her," Dylan growled. He would not allow any harm to come to Camilla.

       "Then get me the ring," Hector's tone became much more menacing.

       "You will get your stupid sapphire just leave the princess and her family out of it!" Dylan snapped.

       Hector's chuckle echoed into Dylan's ear.

       "You better keep your word boy, or else you will end up paying dearly," Hector said before ending the call.

       Dylan ran a frustrated hand through his hair before slamming his phone on the floor from the anger. He had to figure out a way to get that royal sapphire as soon as possible. He could not have any more distractions.

"Why are you truly here Duke?" Camilla emerged from behind the large bushes, holding her clutch purse tightly against her body.

Dylan looked at Camilla with widened eyes and mouth agape. He looked like a fish, opening and closing his mouth trying to think of a lie. However, he knew it would be to no vain. She most probably heard what he had just said.

"Please let me explain," he said.

Author's Note Hola my lovelies! I know it's been a while since I have updated, but I do hope this chapter makes up for the long hiatus

Author's Note
Hola my lovelies! I know it's been a while since I have updated, but I do hope this chapter makes up for the long hiatus. Do you think Dylan will finally tell Camilla the truth? How will Camilla react when she finds out. Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thank you so much for reading my lovelies! If you enjoyed please leave a vote and share! Adios!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋