19. Reconciliation

The wind roared loudly as the couple neared the dark seafront. Loud waves rolled onto the shore before being pulled back into the sea and leaving a foamy substance behind that disappeared after a few seconds.

Camilla pulled the hood around her wild, curly locks back and smiled at the serene scene. She breathed in the fresh air. She was never allowed to go to beaches after dark especially unaccompanied, or anywhere for that matter.

"It's beautiful," Camilla said as she slipped off her Dior shoes and rushed to feel the cold water against her tiny feet.

A small smiled creeped onto Dylan's lips. He was happy that Camilla was no longer giving him a cold distant attitude. He too slipped off his shoes and joined Camilla.

"I've always loved the water," Camilla confessed with a deep sigh. "When I was little, I used to wish I could become a mermaid instead of being a princess."

"Really?" Dylan asked amused.

Camilla nodded. "Being a princess is not all it's made up to be. There are just too many restrictions and obligations."

"Well, you can change that," Dylan said. "Her majesty was a commoner and now she is a Queen. I am pretty sure many people objected at first, but look at her now."

Camilla nodded her in agreement with a slight shrug of her shoulders. She wanted to pave the way to a new type of royal family where people like her had a choice in what they wanted to do with their lives.

"I've always wanted to attend university and graduate with a degree in marine biology," Camilla confessed as she let herself fall onto the soft sand.

"Then you should do it," Dylan insisted.

"It's much easier to say it then to actually do it," Camilla chuckled sadly.

"If I can leave my life of crime, then you can free yourself of the dumb restrictions surrounding your status as princess," Dylan replied.

Camilla's eyebrows furrowed together at Dylan's statement. A sense of hope ignited in her heart.

"What do you mean leave your life of crime?" She asked.

Dylan walked over to her and sat down beside her. He looked out at the vast ocean with a smile on his face.

"This whole Duke ordeal was the last crime," Dylan said with determination. "I sent the ring to Hector with a little note saying I quit. I want to be a better man and not have to trick people to get money. It's time I take control of my life."

Camilla found herself smiling proudly at Dylan.

        "So, does that mean you are going to stay?" Camilla asked with a hopeful look in her eyes.

        Dylan smiled as he took her hand. "Only if you want me too, princess."

       Camilla knew that if she said yes, there was a chance she was giving him another opportunity to hurt her. But she also knew that if she didn't take this chance, she would regret it later on.

       "I do," she whispered as she leaned her forehead on his and closed her eyes, enjoying his warmth and touch.

       "Then you have me, all of me. The real me," Dylan replied as he cupped Camilla's cheeks with either hand and brought his lips onto hers.

       The love-struck princess did not pull back. Instead, she deepened the kiss, holding onto Dylan as if her life depended on it.

       The two fell back and into the sand, but they laughed it off. Camilla rested her chin on Dylan's chest as she looked up to meet his blue eyes. They were so enchanting. A deep blew color like the ocean.

       Camilla's eyes widened as she realized something. "How are we going to be able to continue this? What if my family finds out your not actually a Duke?"

       Dylan chuckled softly. "Hector thought of it all before sending me here. Duke Somerset is an actual person, he died though of some illness. He did not have much contact with his family and his widow remarried long ago, so no one will find out."

"Are we really going to do this?" Camilla asked. She wanted to make sure that Dylan would be in on it just as much as she was. She did not want to have her heart broken again.

Dylan picked up Camilla's hand, stroking the back of it gently he brought it to his lips and gave it a quick peck.

"Only if you want us too," he said. "I swear on my life that this time I will be completely honest with you. No more lies, no more facades."

Camilla smiled upon hearing this. "Let's do it then, your grace."

Dylan smiled as Camilla smirked teasingly before she closed the gap between the two of them. They kissed under the shining stars. Everything felt right, like no one could bring them down from cloud nine.

Author's Note Hello my lovelies! Here is the second update for today! Do you guys think that the storm has passed for Dylan and Camilla, or is it just beginning? Let me know your thoughts in the comments

Author's Note
Hello my lovelies! Here is the second update for today! Do you guys think that the storm has passed for Dylan and Camilla, or is it just beginning? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. I will see you all next Saturday with another update! Stay safe my lovelies.
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Song: It's You - Ali Gatie