27. A Modern Happily Ever After (Epilogue)

4 years later

Everything was ready. Camilla stood inside the room with a nervous smile as she stared at herself in the mirror.

"This is really happening?" She asked. The whole moment felt surreal to her.

Flora, Hayden, and the Queen Mother stared at Camila with proud smiles. Guilia walked into the room with the final piece to bring the outfit together.

"Lean down for me," she said and Camilla did as told.

Guilia carefully clipped the the Bobby pins in place. Once the white cap was secure, she took a few steps back to admire her granddaughter.

"If it isn't the future of Italy," Dylan chirped as he stepped inside the room. "I am so proud of you, my love."

Camilla walked over to him and embraced him.

After the events with Miguel, Camilla decided to explore the world while she completed her bachelor's degree in science and engineering. Dylan had joined her as they discovered the world together. Now, it was finally time for Camilla's hard work to pay off.

She was part of the graduating class of 2023. The ceremony to commemorate her high achievements was only a few minutes away.

Dylan had been right by her side the entire time. He promised to wait for Camilla to finish college before they took their relationship to the next level. He knew that he wanted her to find herself first before they committed to marriage and everything that came with it. However, today was finally the day he could ask her the question he's been waiting for.

       The brunette boy patted his interior pocket and smiled when he felt the small square box inside.

"I cannot believe we have an MIT graduate in the family!" Flora grinned as she looked with pride at her sister-in-law.

       "When I grow up, I want to be like my mommy and you. Smart like a cookie." Flora's daughter grinned.

       Everyone stared in awe at the young girl.

"We should get going before we arrive late and miss all the good seats," Hayden chirped.

"Son, we are royals. Are seats are already reserved," Rebecca reminded and everyone laughed as Hayden realized she was right.

Everyone walked out of the mansion they had been staying at and into the car.

***

Everyone on the boat was celebrating Camilla's great achievement. Dylan stood on the sidelines, with a proud smile. However, the nerves at the pit of his stomach would not leave him alone.

Would she say yes? He wondered.

Although, Dylan had already received Hayden and Rebecca's blessing to marry Camilla, the young prince still felt weary.

        "Hey, can I have a second with you?" Dylan asked Camilla and the latter nodded.

"What happened?"

"I just wanted a moment alone with you," Dylan said as he wrapped his arms around Camilla's waist. The two stood at the very end of the boat.

"Can you believe it? We are here! I graduated! Your name is cleared and we are together," Camilla grinned. "Everything we ever wanted, my love."

"Not everything," Dylan remarked and Camilla turned to him with a frown. "You're still not my wife."

Camilla mirrored Dylan's grin.

"Well, when are you planning to pop the question, your royal highness?" Camilla lifted a brow with a mischievous grin.

"Right now," Dylan said and Camilla's eyes widened as he fell to one knee. "My dear Camilla, my princess. I know we have been through a lot of challenges, but we have fought through them together. There is no one I rather have by my side. You are my best friend...my soulmate. I could never imagine my life without you in it. So, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"Yes!" Camilla jumped into his arms before kissing him. "Yes, I will."

Dylan smiled as he slipped the ring onto her finger. He stood up and pulled her close. They had finally had their happily ever after.

Author's Note I know, I know

Author's Note
I know, I know. The ending is not the greatest, but fret not, I WILL be rewriting this story sometime in the future. Right now, I lost the connection with these characters and want to give you a good (edited) version once I am inspired again.  I hope you enjoyed it at least a bit and I will see you all with my other books!
Adios for now!