12. Prince Nicolas of Spain (Part II)

"I apologize for my late arrival," Nicolas stated with a rugged smile. "Carry on as you were."

       The music began to play among his command and everyone went back to their conversations. Camilla rolled her eyes, already annoyed by the Spanish Prince's usual arrogant attitude.

       "How did he get on the guest list?" Hayden growled, his knuckles clenching into a tight fist.

       "Let's keep our composure, love." Flora said in a gentle voice, aiming to calm her seething husband. Camilla was grateful that Flora was present. She was the only one that could calm Hayden's temper.

       "Who is he?" Dylan asked dumbfounded by the begrudging expressions on the royal family.

       They watched as Nicolas took his sweet time walking toward them. His smug grin never leaving his lips.

       "An asshole," Camilla muttered.

       Dylan still remained confused. Nicolas' strong scent, a mixture of cedar wood and tobacco surrounded the family as he approached them.

       "Princess Camilla, might I say how splendid you look tonight. Bellísima." Nicolas grabbed Camilla's hand in a swift move and brought her delicate skin to his lips, placing a soft peck.

Everyone in guest room glanced over at the royal family and Camilla refrained herself from causing a scene. Instead she forced a smile, a grimace glint flashing through her eyes.

"Prince Nicolas, enlighten us on why we are graced with your presence." Flora, who was the most diplomatic of the reigning couple requested.

"I came to seek the woman who was betrothed to me," Nicolas replied in a duh tone.

       "We should speak in private," Rebecca urged, but the foreign prince was not done.

       "No, your majesty," Nicolas' eyes turned dark. He turned toward the watching crown. "I want everyone to know how the Italian royal family deceived me."

Dylan watched as the scene unraveled in front of him. He could tell that Camilla disliked Nicolas presence, he wrapped his arm around her hoping to bring her some comfort, an action that displeased Nicolas.

       "We did not deceive you, you lit-"

       "Enough!" Hayden's loud voice roared through the hall, interrupting Camilla's sentence. "We will talk about this matter in private."

       Camilla glanced over at Dylan, an insecure glint in her eyes. She could feel everyone staring at the royal family. Despite years of training she could never get accustomed to being under the spotlight in such moments like the one she was in. Dylan gave the princess's waist a slight squeeze and nod that told her, 'say what you have to say'.

       Mustering the courage, Camilla looked at Prince Nicolas straight in the eye. Her lips pressed into a hard line.

       "We did not deceive you Nicolas," Camilla began as she stalked toward the prince, a deadly glare in her eyes. "You only asked that I be betrothed to you for a political gain-"

       "Aren't you in this whole charade for political gain?" Nicolas sassed. He pointed over with his head at Dylan. "You are courting this Duke for purpose political gain. All is fair in this game of marriage, princess."

       Camilla narrowed her eyes at Nicolas.

       "I am not quite sure your cousin would agree," Camilla's defiant statement seemed to frazzle the prince. "She was not exactly happy when she found out of your plans. You wanted to marry me just so you could have the Italian army to back your coupe d'état on the Spanish throne."

       The guests, many of which were from foreign countries gasped at the revelation. Prince Nicolas chuckled nervously. Hayden, Flora and Rebecca watched as the young princess took charge to put Nicolas in his place.

       "She gave you such a light punishment the first time," Camilla slowly took a step forward and Nicolas took one back. "I don't think she'll be so merciful a second time."

       "I am not going anywhere," Nicolas replied, trying to remain unfazed. "If you threaten me, everyone here bares witness."

       Camilla let out a loud chuckle which only scared Nicolas further. Camilla reached out and wiped off some invisible dust from Nicolas blazer, causing him to flinch back.

       "Oh, please, you are welcomed to stay Prince Nicolas," Camilla said in a sweet voice. In a split second, she grabbed a hold of the blazer's collar and stared into Nicolas' soul. "Just be a good boy and enjoy the festivities. If you cause trouble then I will just have to make a phone call to Queen Diana. Understood?"

       "So be it," Nicolas muttered before walking away.

       "Music, please!" Hayden ordered and the orchestra resumed their ballad. The guests took this as their cue to carry on.

       "You carried yourself like a true princess," Rebecca complimented as she approached her daughter.

       "I would've loved to see you punch him," Dylan joked as he smiled down proudly at Camilla.

       "You did good," Hayden added.

       "Let's just hope that stops him from causing anymore drama," Flora sighed. "I cannot go through with another bitter royal."

       Everyone nodded in agreement.

Author's Note Hey my lovelies! New week, new chapter! So we are finally seeing a more badass Camilla! She put the Prince of Spain in his place 👏👏👏 Do you think Nicolas will retaliate? Let me know your thoughts and predications in the comments

Author's Note
Hey my lovelies! New week, new chapter! So we are finally seeing a more badass Camilla! She put the Prince of Spain in his place 👏👏👏 Do you think Nicolas will retaliate? Let me know your thoughts and predications in the comments. Next chapter will hopefully be out next week.

Leave a comment and vote if you enjoyed. It really does help, a lot. Please stay safe my lovelies, stay awesome!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

- Camilla's Gown -