Chapter 5 | Letters and Troubles

Haru is a coward.

I know I was about to change my perception of him but he keeps doing stuff I don't like. Or maybe I'm a bit biased? Either way, I am very displeased.

He had the nerve to give me false expectations but doesn't have the nerve to even send a letter to Momo.

This guy...

Seriously, I don't have the energy to deal with his problems.

Out of the five letters I receive, two of them was from him. And instead of at least giving me a greeting like [Oh Watanabe-san, I'm doing so great right now, I can die out of happiness], he just gave me [Please send this letter to Momo].

How rude.

What lies in the envelope are two letters, both addressed to Momo. He also put some candy inside.

He likes Momo, and I know that too well.

But do you really have to make it that obvious?

I'm pretty sure he wrote this beforehand. How can it arrive so early?

His other letter was also about Momo. It's a very well crafted card with a small message.

[This is also for Momo? You're her best friend after all, she'd be happier if she receive it from you.
-End-]

"Just how insignificant am I to him?" I tore the message apart, the sight of it makes my blood boil.

I probably sound like a villainess who is jealous of Momo but I swear that's not it.

He really... he went beyond my expectations.

"Tsk," I clicked my tongue but I know that I will obliged to his commands anyway. "He better be grateful for this."

I can easily not credit him but hey, I'm too nice.

I put the useless stuff aside and opened the other letters that hopefully belongs to me.

One was from school. 

I felt disappointment crept up upon me but quickly got over it with the last two letters.

One was from the friend I had at school that transferred elsewhere. We are penpals but she hasn't wrote to me for quite some time. 

Her usual flowery and extravagant greeting and decorations brought a smile to my face. I thought I should read her letter last, I would like to keep the anticipation going.

For the last letter, it was from my close relative.  

I would've gag at the sight of his name on the letter but I somehow felt relieved this time. 

I still don't like the nickname he gave me though...

I skimmed through, it was his typical stuff. Flattering, fanboying and pampering over me. I think he sent one letter for brother too.

I don't know why he loves both of us so much.

He's like... 10 years older? And he doesn't have siblings, perhaps that's why.

Nevertheless, his endless doting is very overwhelming.

[When will you reply to this big brother? 
 :(
I will cry when the time comes.]

"Pfft-"

So desperate, I shall grace him with a reply. Don't misunderstand, I would like to see him cry. I'll send a letter to aunty to capture that moment.

I looked at the clock, I have lots of time.

My initial anger was appeased by two people I cherished, I didn't notice that I was that easy to be coaxed.