Chapter 27 | Ice Cream

Mr. Male Lead clicked his tongue, "You don't understand anything at all."

I ate the popcorn and watched them go with great interest.

"Where the hell did the popcorn came from?" Haru asked.

I have my ways.

I directed my attention back to Mr. Male Lead and Momo. He pushed Momo lightly but somehow she fell to the ground and winced in pain.

I saw Mr. Male Lead shocked and hesitating to help her but Haru beat him to it.

"Ayo?? Momo, are you okay?"

Haru rushed to help Momo as I followed, dusting her skirt to make sure no dirty residue stays.

She looked up at Mr. Male Lead briefly before reassuring Haru and me that she's fine. Oh, and the wind effects of course.

Damn.

This is stupidly dramatic, I can't take this situation seriously.

"Momo I-" Mr. Male Lead reached his hand towards Momo.

Then everything went in slow motion as Haru swatted off Mr. Male Lead's hand.

Haru glared, "Back off."

"No, Haru!-" Momo seemed startled by this sudden tension and so am I, "I-I'm fine! Really!"

But her cries went unheard as Haru and Mr. Male Lead had the most dramatic and longest staring contest.

Of course, the lightning effect did not disappoint.

The tension was thick, their clenched fists and rigid postures made me somewhat on the edge of my seat too.

"They look like their parents just divorced." 

I mumbled underneath my breath, immediately shutting up after seeing Momo's deadpan face.

Haru's face contorted with disgust, same with our good ol' Mr. Male Lead. The silence was way too loud and all the kittens had gone somewhere else (probably because of the change in atmosphere)

"He's your boyfriend?" Haru broke the intense eye contact and asked Momo.

There was a pause, and only the sound of me munching the popcorn could be heard.

"1,"

I said, watching Momo and Mr. Male Lead processing that question.

"2,"

I yawned, seeing it finally loaded on their brains.

"...3."

I mumbled, as both of their faces started to resemble a tomato.

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH??!!??"

Both me and Haru did not expect them to shout that loud, we looked at each other, equally as surprised.

"N-no-No! We-we're j-ju-just f-fr-friends!"

Momo's face fumed red as her hands flailed around, trying to explain herself but failing miserably.

Her hair all messy after bopping head and forth in attempt to prove a point, her face flushed, eyes slightly teary from the embarrassment, lips sealed tightly knowing she'll make herself a fool if she goes any further.

"Whoa."

I heard Haru mumble with a blush, and I nodded in understanding.

Our Momo is indeed very pretty, even in the midst of an embarrassing moment.