Chapter 8 | Hold On, Seriously?

"If I had seen the cats there once again, I might actually die this time..."

"What?"

I stared at my brother with complete shock. Did he really said he was reluctant to go there because of that kind of reason?

This guy... is really hopeless.

"Wouldn't you would want to see the cats again though?"

My brother dramatically covered his eyes and flicked his hand in a weird gesture, "I would love to, but as I told you, I might actually die this time."

This time?

So he went there before?

"Bro, you went there before?" I bemusedly asked, trying to piece the story together, "You never told me before though?"

He gasped and almost choked but played it cool, "You seriously thought I could go on with my life without visiting there at least once?"

I stared at him with pursed lips and a deadpanned expression fixed on my face.

"Right..."

Of course, brother would go anywhere that has cats. It'd be weirder if he really never went there. It was stupid of me to think that way.

I felt slightly sympathetic that I antagonized my brother's inability to go to the garden, I didn't know he had an allergy reaction towards cute cats. I guess their cuteness is too lethal for him to go there.

I slightly reached my hand to pat his shoulder, a pitied expression to send my condolences for his fragile heart.

"Sorry for not thinking about your problem, brother."

Father returned, only to walk to another weird scenario.

"When did this became a funeral-"

I guess it's life's fate to make father live a third person's life. If he were to play a role, he'd probably be Villager A.

"Goodness, I don't know what I did wrong while raising these kids..." Mother, like how she does every day, wonders why the hell me and brother is so strange. "Can't someone please grant me a normal child?"

Although, comparing mother and father, mother has long accepted the fate that lies upon our hands. 

She knows she can't change our personalities unless she hit a nail in the back of our heads. 

Father is still in the loading process, still weirded out by our actions.

Father really should get used to his children being weird.

It's an every day occurrence, I wonder what's stopping him from ignoring our actions.

-

It's already Sunday.

When I arrived downstairs after waking up, I saw Tsukishima on the living room's sofa. The television screen was still on, faint noises coming out of it. 

His hands were dangling on the sofa, holding a remote firm in his hand despite his half-dead state.

Father actually suggested us to come watch the television with him. I accepted it at first but went to my room since they're watching a documentary. I'd rather draw instead of watching it, documentaries isn't really my thing.

Luckily for father, brother likes these kinds of stuff.

Like the cat enthusiast he is, his palette isn't limited to only one species of cats. He saw a lion plastered on the television and his attention immediately went to the screen.