Chapter 28 | Anticipation

"You've been hanging out with Mr. Charming a lot lately. "

I raised my brows in confusion at Class rep, who was enjoying his rilakkuma bento.

Momo did not come today, and Mr. Male lead is also not at sight, Haru is in his class and I could care less about the guy. It's been a pretty boring day. Well... until class rep came in and bothered me-

For some reason, here I am sitting beside him in the class, reading one of the manga from the stacks of random books Class Rep brought to school.

"What do you mean by that? Who's Mr. Charming?" I asked.

"Oh come on..." Class rep whined like a baby and offered me his rolled omelette, "Y'know the guy named Haru? The one who's charming all the girls inside the school? Who has a literal fanclub even though he's only been here for a week?"

"Okay geez I got it..." I accepted his offering and munched on the rolled omelette with delight. "And what about it?"

He stared at me for a while and huffed, as if not satisfied. I gave him a deadpanned look and ignored his daily mood swings.

Seriously, this guy has more man periods than I do...

"Is he your childhood friend?"

The omelette in my mouth almost fell when my jaw dropped. I shuddered in fear.

"God please, how did you even know that?"

Class rep grinned and I could somehow see his nose growing longer when he sighed in smugness.

"It's obvious by those wavy light brown hair and his hazel coloured eyes," Class rep closed his bright pink bento box with satisfaction and wrapped it around a heart-patterned cloth, "look at him and try telling me he's not the perfect shoujo manga childhood friend."

Though it's kinda cool how his predictions always turn out correct, it still somewhat scares me how he can simply tell what something can turn out to be.

...it must because of his love for mangas. There's no way he could've come up with those by himself.

"Heyyy, Yasu. I don't know what you're daydreaming about but I have a feeling you're badmouthing me inside your head right now~"

I flinched.

Can he read minds or what?-

"For the record, I don't have the ability to read minds unfortunately." He shrugged, "But that'd be cool, being able to see people's most darkest thoughts and being the only one who knows."

"You're creepy." I sighed.

"To be honest," Class rep started, quickly changing the topic. "I don't really feel at ease with the guy."

"Who? Haru?"

He nodded in confirmation as I tilted my head, "I don't know, but I can't seem to like him." He groaned in frustration, "Ugh! I don't know what it is about him, is it the vibes?? But something's not right, that's for sure."

Normally I would not have taken Class rep's words seriously but I've never seen him so uneasy before.

He's even fiddling around with his hands like some kind of heroine in a shoujo... ew.

"Do you have some beef with ikemen sorta guys?"

"No? I like ikemens." He said casually.

he likes ikemens... so that means...

He immediately raised his hands and hugged his own body in haste (?) and had a horrified look on his face.

"Whatever you're envisioning right now, please remember that I do not swing that way Yasu."