Chapter 16 | Punctual

"What's wrong?"

She flinched, her eyes setting to anything but the living sculpture whose name is Watanabe Yasu.

I unconsciously touched my face and frowned, am I ugly?

Well, either way, I'm still gorgeous.

"Is the ground interesting?"

I playfully stoop down to her line of sight, startling her a bit. The corner of my mouth curled and I made an expression like a male lead saying 'Interesting' to the female lead.

I think I watched too much dramas.

"If you don't want to talk, then don't." I plainly walked towards my house, not looking back at Momo. "Take your time, I won't force you."

"Yasu-!"

I hummed, making her stop.

"I- I just..."

I cracked my knuckles and made a peace sign.

Momo understood what I was indicating and she fell silent.

"As I said," I made my voice a bit louder since she probably can't hear well due to the distance, "Take your time."

I whistled my way back home, my bag hanging around my hand lazily.

-

I burst inside brother's room, making him jolt up from his chair.

"What are you doing?"

I asked casually, an obnoxious look most likely plastered on my face.

He sighed but expected this, "Close the door."

I obediently closed the door and plopped on his comfy bed. His face didn't move a muscle even when I snuggled with his cat plushie.

"What are you doing?"

I asked the same question, brother glanced at me, his hand dangling on the chair.

"Research, I got a project."

I sat up slightly, holding the plushie to my embrace. I tilted my head and pitied him.

"Is it hard?"

He denied it by shaking his head, "The teacher went easy on us. Either way, this wasn't mandatory, I did this for an extra mark."

I pretended to understand and blankly stared at his moving fingers.

"You write pretty damn fast," I mumbled loud enough for him to hear, "I write was slow as our internet connection."

He chuckled, amused by my comparison.

I continued talking about the most random things, even attempting to suddenly make a high note in that one song.

"Stop," Brother talked as if he was annoyed, but I could see that he's smiling. "You sound like a dying seal."

I wheezed and coughed because I accidentally choked on my own saliva.

"Are you okay?" His voice emitted a masked laughter, and I sarcastically retorted.

"Never been better."

"Well then," He turned around again, taking his spectacles off. "Get out, I want to sleep."

I sneered and stuck out my tongue, obliging to his commands and went out from the room.

"Thank you for entertaining me, Yasu."

I grinned, flipping my hair.

I closed the door and heard him yell,