Chapter 6 | Sudden Realization

"Oho, where are they going?" 

I questioned underneath my breath, making my brother worried for both my sanity and the unfamiliar path we're currently taking.

"Hey," He pulled me back, his eyebrows crinkling in worry, "I think we're too far from home. Just ask Momo later, let's go home."

"We can't," I stubbornly refused, my arm brushing him off with a shrug, whisper-shouting at him while still keeping an eye to Momo and the mysterious boy, "She looks so familiar with him, he must be a secret friend! She won't just easily tell us!"

My brother almost sighed loudly, I covered his mouth before that.

I looked back to the scene whilst behind the tree, my hand still on my brother's mouth.

That move wasn't a good idea. I messed up.

"Oh, shit."

My colourful vocabulary slipped out as soon as I retracted my gaze off from the two people.

"Language, sis."

"He saw me."

"Oh frick," He gasped lightly, "Hold up, really?"

"Duck, you dumbass!" I whispered shouted at my brother, grabbing his head and buried him dead flat on the bushes. He clutched on my shirt and glowered.

He grumbled, "You're the dumb one here."

A moment of pure silence accompanied us for a brief second before I knew I was totally set to not have any success of being a pro detective.

That's a potential job resume down in the drain, I have no chance at it.

Brother raised his eyebrow after seeing my face.

"Dang," I find myself daze out of realization, "We're definitely busted."

My brother rolled his eyes, "Oh wow, I wondered who caused it."

They continued walking.

I swore he saw me snooping around and stalking them but he just kept walking with Momo. 

She's there, unaware, happily talking to him.

"Huh," Brother's chin was on my head, he placed his hands on my shoulder took a peek, "He's buying our ducking method?"

Right then, he turned behind and saw me and my brother practically staring holes behind his head.

"Oh shit," it was brother who cussed this time.

I hit his back with my right hand, "Language."

"I'm older than you."

"What a crappy excuse."

Since we were bickering like how normal siblings would, they quickly escaped our line of vision.

"Ok, ok. Shut your mouth, Yasu." He squished my cheeks together, making me unable to speak any further, "Actually, why the hell am I hiding from a kid way smaller than me?"

"Right..."

We both turned our heads in unison, "Oops."

We missed 'em boys.

-

"I want chocolate!"

My brother furrowed his eyes, "Don't be picky, just eat whatever is cheap."

"They sell the ice-cream flavour on the same price," I pointed at the iconic trio—vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. "Whether I want it chocolate or strawberry, it'll stay at the same price."