Chapter 21 | Sorry

"You're acting like you're her mom." 

I pursed my lips, my eyes widened.

"And you know what's the similarity between you and a mother?" He took a glance and rolled his eyes. "Both pretends to know everything, when in fact, you didn't even scratch the surface."

My eyes widened a bit too much, it might've even fall off my sockets.

I bit my lips, anger slipping out.

"Ha!" I sneered at him, "And how about you? Why are you so into someone else's business?"

He paused at that, and the eyes that straight right into mine made me want to look away.

Unexpectedly, he said something.

"Why can't I?"

Then he gave a smile I've never seen before, a bright smile as if he has heard something funny.

He closed his eyes and kept the smile, patting my head, but all I felt was bugs crawling.

I slapped his hand, and he backed away.

"Whoa there," He was strangely cheerful and it irked me, "Don't be too mad, sorry that I'm not as good as you think I am."

I looked at him, pursing my lips.

"If that fact disappointed you, then I apologize."

He said that, but he didn't even look sorry.

-

"Yasu?"

Perhaps it was the vivid look of class rep's mocking smile that put me in this state.

Someone whom I thought had the same braincells as me has a side, wicked enough for me to turn my favour over him.

But I couldn't get over the fact that the whole time, he ridiculed me for being a fool. If there were people witnessing our conversation earlier, they'd think I'm the crazy one.

I cursed underneath my breath, "Damn it."

Who knew that class rep was such an ass.

A nosy one at that.

"Are you alright Yasu?"

Momo's worried voice fell over me and I looked at her side with soulless eyes.

"...perhaps you're still mad about earlier?"

"What?"

"When I went with him..."

Oh yeah, I forgot that happened.

"Kinda."

I left my words short and curt, leaving Momo pondering what to say next without touching my anger issues that is on the verge of combusting again.

She hesitated trying to talk to me but eventually said something.

"Yasu..."

"Hm?"

I hummed, drawing an alien that looks weirdly like a cow in the notebook.

"What's the most detail-oriented ocean?"

I stopped drawing and looked at her, confused.

"Detail-oriented ocean...?"

"Yeah!" She exclaimed happily before closing her mouth and whispered, "Do you know?"

"Uhh," I scratched my head, confused by the sudden development of this question. "I don't know."

In the end, although it hurt my pride, I shrugged and gave up.

Her eyes shone suspiciously, and I found myself raising one eyebrow up to her weird expression.

"The answer is..."

I leaned closer as she built suspense, successfully making me invested.

"The pacific ocean!"

"..."

Her eyes almost looked like it had glitter, her smile shone the whole classroom in her pure light.

Not to mention, her face looked like she wanted me to compliment her...wait-

"The pacific ocean?"

"Yeah, like, as in, specific..."

"..."

For some reason, the classroom was also quiet when she asked the question.

"...Momo, did you just told me a dad joke-"

"I'm sorry!"

She blushed a deep shade of red, her face burning from embarrassment because of the silence.

"Pfft-"

I heard a muffled laugh behind me, and behold, Class rep desperately trying to hide his laugh with his face buried in his desk.

Then I look around, seeing some of my classmates also holding back a smile.

Oh damn-

Everything was pretty much silent before a dude snorted.

Then the whole class erupted to laughter.

I look back to Momo, expecting her to be happy.

...But she was burying her face into her hands, her ears more red than a tomato, with additional steam coming out.

Somehow, seeing her so embarrassed triggered my laughter too.

-

"You're not frowning anymore at least."

Momo fan herself, a pink tint still visible on her cheeks.

"Hm?" I grinned, "I was frowning earlier?"

She nodded vigorously, making me worried about her neck falling off if she keeps doing it-

"You looked like you were about to commit arson in 50 different countries."

"...weirdly specific about that but okay-"

I shrugged, chuckling while remembering what happened earlier.

"To think you out of all people who tell a dad joke~"

She blushed, "T-That's because! W-well I w-wanted to make you smile..."

Momo pouted as I wheezed.

"That's such a Momo thing for you to do."

"I-It's that a good thing."

I look at her and smiled slyly, she noticed my intent and whined.

"Ah Yasu! Seriously..."

"Don't be mad heh, I'm just teasing you~"

"Hmph!"

"Ay don't be mad milady, forgive this lowly one. I deserve a punishment worse than death itself..." 

I said it seriously, kneeling down and bowed my head on the ground.

Momo glared at me, although I wasn't even a bit intimidated since she only looks like an angry kitten to me.

Momo showed her back to my pleads and walked away.

I got up and chased her, slowly seeing a smile blooming on her face.

What a hectic day.

Author's Note

Lmao hi again
I published this story again :>

Thanks for being patient and still reading this, I appreciate it.
I'll try my best not to disappoint y'all then :D