Chapter 19 | Hurt

"Yasu, you fucked up."

I looked at him in bewilderment before seeing Momo just a few feet away from me.

Oh crap.

"Your voice is loud," He patted my back, "But I guess I'm to blame."

"Class rep, you piece of-"

"You don't want her to misunderstand, no?" He told me, oddly composed, perhaps because he's not directly involved with my affairs.

Why do people love to just cut whatever I'm trying to say?

To be fair, I did try to swear at his face.

"Either you prolong this or settle it today." He said it like it was such a simple thing to do, "Your choice, but if you want to maintain the flow then I believe you know which option is the best."

"..." 

Tongue-tied, I seriously don't even know anymore.

"Good luck, heroine's friend."

I made an attempt to reply to him but Momo beat me to that.

"Yasu," 

Her silvery voice entered the scene, indicating a very morbid picture in my mind. My heart was beating unusually fast, knowing that I had triggered a red flag that will come after me very soon.

To my surprise, she just pointed at something on the ground.

"You bought a cat eraser?"

"Uh?" I unconsciously let out a very muddled noise, "Cat eraser?"

I looked down at the floor, seeing a very faint shaped cat eraser on the ground.

A bulb lit on top of my head as I recalled where I got it from.

"Right," I fiddled with it, "I bought this because I wanted to make brother jealous."

She smiled—naturally sat beside me and discussed about a similar looking cat from a comic she read.

I guess she didn't hear me?

I occasionally threw some glances to catch any sort of abnormality in her usual persona.

I found no flaw in it, probably marking the fact that I invaded a tragedy in the nick of time.

A relieved sigh escaped from me, something I didn't even know I was holding.

"Don't they look alike?"

"Yeah, they do look alike."

She laughed, satisfied with my reaction.

I finally manage to chime in after a while, actively discussing before the teacher decided to interrupt the conversation I was about to get myself absorbed in.

What a pity.

I didn't notice her watery eyes and her chapped lip that she tried pursing.

I also failed to sense class rep's stares that was making holes at the back of my head.

-

A couple of days passed with no disturbance, and it's making me more anxious with every second that passed by with no sort of development.

"Momo," I asked, trying to at least find something that could fit my train of thoughts, "Are you interested in anyone?"

She froze and looked at me.

The more we grow, the more I couldn't read Momo.

What is she feeling? What is she thinking?

I can't tell anymore.