Chapter 33 | I Heard Everything

And again, how did I get here?

Now I stare at my house blankly, and Haru skipped happily around me, urging me to ring the doorbell.

"C'mon, I haven't gone to your house since forever!"

I sighed and reluctantly approach the front door, hesitating before ringing the doorbell.

The door creaked open to reveal Tsuki, who was yawning so big that I was sure a fly would go inside his mouth.

"Welcome back- huh."

He paused when he saw Haru behind me displaying a sheepish smile on his face. Brother looked back at me with inquiry, to which I sighed even deeper.

"What's up?"

"Haru's house had a blackout," I shrugged, "and he insisted in crashing our house now."

"That sucks," Brother looked at him with pity. "Are you guys done studying though?"

I shook my head and licked my lips, not really having the mood to study but I know how academically strict my brother is so I pretended to care.

It wasn't like Tsuki was some kind of genius or model student, but there's a reason why he's consistently in the top in his batch. He has some sort of obsession with being perfectly average in everything (though getting top ten is pretty above average..?)

"Then you guys can study inside, if you need help then just go to my room."

"Pardon my intrusion!" Haru saluted and brother invited him in.

Haru stepped inside the house and removed his shoes, putting it at the corner while I took the house slippers for him.

"Where's mom?" I asked brother while pushing Haru towards the kitchen.

"Work, out of state."

I tilted my head, "When did she go?"

Tsuki tilted his head back at me, "Did she not tell you?"

"No??"

Then brother gave me a triumphant smirk, and I immediately knew what he was thinking. I glared at him as he let out his windshield laughter.

Haru followed and also tilted his head, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing." My brother and I said in unison.

"It didn't seem like nothing-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I shoved a piece of bread to his mouth. Tsuki looked at him worriedly but he gave him a thumbs up.

'It's all good!' Seemed to be what Haru is saying to him-

"You really should stop forcing him to shut up with bread-"

"Forcing what?" I pointed at Haru happily eating the bread, "He likes it, and that's one way to make him shut up."

"...Haru, blink twice if you need help."

My eye twitched as I dragged him upstairs, letting him go once he had finally finished eating. He roamed around my room with curiosity, touching literally every shelf I have (to which I had to scold him once he reached my anime figurine collections-)

"Your room looks comfy."

I ignored him as he sulked, and I threw an adzuki bean bun to not deal with him. And of course he ate that happily too.

"Don't forget what we're here for," I took out the study books and grinned devilishly, "I'm not done with you yet."

He looked at me with genuine fear.