Special Chapter | My Birthday

[My Birthday]

Special chapter: Watanabe Tsuki POV

I can't remember when we started getting entangled to her life.

Suzuki Momo.

She's not important to me. It always has been that way. I could see that Yasu wasn't that fond of her too.

Then why...

Why do we keep on getting involved and worried about her?

What's so important about her that my head randomly trailed back to her face?

I don't remember when it all started, but I think it was around me and Yasu started hearing some very unpleasant yellings from the other side. 

In other words, our neighbour—the flawless Suzuki family.

Then that would be around 3 or 4 years ago. When Yasu was a solid four-year-old and I was 6.

My first impression of them is that they're a family that came right out a fairytale, a very royal-like and flawless family.

The father, was a great man with a stable job and is able to provide for his family. He's very friendly, sometimes too much. He's a bit of a pushover, that's my observation

The mother is a part-time housewife and a full-time tailor. She does her own small business. To be honest, I admire how she's able to take care of her child and do her work.

Back when I was in kindergarten, I'd play until late evening and see Momo's father come back home and both Momo and her mom would happily welcome him back.

I thought, 'Good for her.'

She has a great family, a great childhood and a promising future.

Now, when did that started falling apart?

Not even half a year later, Yasu started noticing something strange within the supposedly perfect family.

I noticed it too.

Her parents started distancing, Momo was oblivious to it all. Her mom started making Momo see Yasu on a daily basis, as if to distract and get her away from her home.

I thought Yasu would protest, but she coolly accepted Momo.

Actually, Yasu unintentionally brought up the topic of Momo's parents fighting.

My parents immediately reacted and held both Yasu and me with a concerned expressions.

"What did they say?"

I was a kid back then, I thought they were just having their couple fights.

Yasu elaborated, saying words she doesn't understand but heard when passing near Momo's house.

"I heard Momo's mom saying di..vorce? Rolls Roys? Are they buying a car or something? Why would they fight over a car..."

Divorce.

I knew what that word was, but I didn't exactly remember what it meant.

My parents nodded and made us sleep together in their rooms for the night. We didn't know what was the occasion, but the air conditioner was nice.

While Yasu was asleep, I accidentally woke up when I heard shuffles coming from both mom and dad. They opened the door carefully and closed the door again. 

They didn't caught me seeing them going out of bed in the middle of the night.

Around 10 minutes later, the light at Momo's house was dimly lit. I saw it and peeked through.