Chapter 17 | Class Rep

"Yo, class rep."

I called out to him as soon as I saw him walking leisurely towards the classroom.

"Oh," He turned his back and halted. "Watanabe-san, what's up?"

I shrugged, fastening my pace and walked beside him.

"Nothing much, just curious about something."

He hummed, an indication of a welcomed question soon to be answered by his generous heart.

"We gotta go to the teacher's office right?" I asked, my tone slightly confused since I don't have all the facts. "I think that's what the new teacher said."

He made an 'o' with his mouth and nodded before shaking his head.

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Nope, not today. The other classes probably hasn't finished picking their class monitor and assistants yet." He settled on the seat behind me and put his bag on the table. "You can expect next week, during assembly probably, they will call for us. For now, nothing yet." 

At this exact moment, I was awed by his very clean speech.

Is this the power of someone who has been a class monitor for years?

I looked at him in admiration, he simply looked at me like I was weird.

"And I don't know what you heard but the new teacher didn't ask us to go to the teacher's office."

Stumped, I replied. "Eh?"

The galaxy seemed to be swirling in my head as I blankly stared at nothing.

"Eh?" Still unable to comprehend, I let out another sound of pure confusion.

He scoffed jokingly, "Are you that excited to be an assistant class monitor? You're weirdly rushing to do something."

I snapped out of my short reverie and shook my head, lifting my hand in retaliation.

"Rather than excited, I think my brain got the wrong signal." I smacked my head and asked, "What channel are we in? Are we in Channel 3?"

He laughed and played along, "No, this is Radio FM, where all your favourite songs and podcast comes to accompany you throughout your journey."

I closed my eyes and rotated my hand on air, "No. 258?"

"856." He presumably corrected me with a random set of numbers.

My head twitched as I pretended to listen to the non-existent radio station where all songs and podcast accompanies me throughout my journey.

I raised my eyebrow, "The songs here sounds pretty chinese, I thought we're in Japan."

"That's an ad."

"Oh."

Silence decided to accompany me instead of the songs and podcasts that were supposed to do that job.

I chuckled, "What the hell are we doing?"

"I don't know," He stifled a laugh, "I'm just playing along."

The class rep is pretty lit.

I think he'll be a good friend.

Or not.

-

"Do you think we came a bit too early?"

Class rep lifted his head and yawned, "They're just late."

Ouch, that's a good burn.

I placed my chin on my palm, staring out of the window, trying to look like one of those protagonists that sits right beside the window.