Chapter 7

Giyuu's POV

As I am waiting for Kocho, the girls starts pestering me including the receptionist. She abondoned her work to annoy me. They bombarded me with questions. I mentally wished that Kocho could save me from these annoying pests, more annoying than her.

"Hey, you know what? You're handsome. And uhm... Do you have a girlfriend?" she asked me, while she's blushing.

"No, I don't have one. Why?" I answered in a monotone voice. They screamed happily. I don't even know what's going on to them. They look at me with blushed faces, and sparkling eyes just like they admired something. Admired? I think people do like me but if it's a woman, just like these, is a different story. I looked at them blankly, I keep glancing at the stairs hoping Kocho would go down there. What's taking her so long? I mentally sighed.

"Let's eat dinner together, Mr. Handsome, my treat" the girl offered. Then the other girl protested and told her that I should come with her. Then the receptionist spoke that I should come with her too. And then, they started to argue. An idea popped into my head then I spoke to them.

"Let's just eat dinner together but I have some questions to ask you" I said. Then they blushed.

"Oh really? Well then, let's go"she said and I just followed them. I took this opportunity to gather some information for the mission. And maybe to improve my social skills, I guess.

Minutes has passed, I gathered a little information but it helped. The three are just chattering nonsense. I stood and walked away from them.

"Wait, where are you going?" the girl said. I just ignore her and went to the inn. I saw her, leaning against a wall.

"Kocho, sorry to keep you waiting" I said, she turned to me with an annoyed smile.

"I've been standing here for a couple of minutes, Tomioka-san and where the hell did you go?" she said, annoyed.

"I gathered some little information about this village"

"Oh really? You can talk without my help? That's a miracle" she said sarcastically. "Now tell me the information you've gathered"

"They said that the kids got missing every night but they couldn't figure out who are the kidnappers. They called a police but they never came, that's all" I said while looking away from her. I can feel her put her finger close to her lips.

"We can find it out tonight" she said seriously.

The night came, streets are completely empty and quiet. While me and Kocho hide behind the wall, waiting for the demons to appear. Suddenly, the demons appeared, the others are jumping from roof to roof, some of them are walking. We attacked them and we start clashing. Kocho handled the ones on the rooftop.

Water Breathing Fourth Form: Striking Tide

I decapitate five demon heads but the number of demons are even more increasing. I wonder if Kocho last long in this fight plus, this fight will drain our stamina too. Damn it.

2 hours has passed, we're still fighting. The more we decapitate them, more demons will come. Now, I'm worried about Kocho, maybe I should check her. My heat temperature is rising, I'm breathing heavily and my body is aching. I need to go to Kocho.

I turned around and ran to where Kocho is. My eyes widened when I saw her unconscious on the arms of a demon but it didn't eat her.

But they're taking her away.

______________________________________
I'm sorry if it's lame and the grammars too.