Chapter 23

Shinobu's POV

I'm sitting alone in my office, my eyes keep glancing at the window. I stood up, looking down at the gate expecting him to enter in no time and bring me flowers with a sweet smile plastered in his face. I didn't see him since past 2 weeks. My mind was wondering what's he doing? Did he even think about me?. My face fell at my thoughts. There's no way he thinks about me, it's not that I care. I'm.... just wondering. He showed emotions but that doesn't mean he likes me. I shook my head to escape from my thoughts.

Does he have feelings for me?

I fell so hard for him. It's obvious that he can't like me back.

'I like you'

'Eh? But we just met'

'I know' then he gave me a smile.

Then an image appeared before my eyes. I was surprised that I didn't remember the face of the kid who saved me from the dog. Now, I can clearly see his face. It's him.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice my crow calling me for a new mission.

I walked towards the Master's estate, there, I finally saw him spacing out at the pond. I reached him and poke his back.

"Spacing out again, are you?" he turned to me showing his expressionless face. I sensed that somethings wrong about him.

"There you are again, Tomioka-san. Please talk to me" I received no answer from him. A vein popped up on my forehead, annoyed. I started to poke him with a strong force. He just walked passed me. A pang of pain hit my heart. I was worried that he acts like that again and confused. I followed him and poked his back again.

"Tomioka-san, is there something wrong? Please tell me what's on your mind, maybe I can help you" my face fell into a serious one including my voice. He turned to me, his face unreadable.

"I don't need your help that's all" he walked away from me and disappeared suddenly. I was mad and confused at the same time. The cold and stoic Tomioka came back to his body and the lively Tomioka left. And it makes me confuse that who is the real Tomioka? The cold one or the lively one? I wanted to get to know about everything about him. What's gotten into him all of a sudden? Why is he acting like this? It bothers me. I let out a breath and think about it later. There's still a mission to finish.

After my mission, I went to the store to eat udon since my stomach was grumbling during the fight. As I ate my food, Hikari-san sat down beside me.

"Oh, Shinobu-chan it's nice to see you in a good shape again. How are you?" her sarcasm irritates me. Her image injuring my wrist flashed before my eyes. A wave of anger flows inside my heart again and my appetite suddenly faded.

"What's wrong? Have you lost your appetite? I can eat that for you" I glared at her at the corner of my eyes. She gave me a fake smile that irritates me even more.

"No thanks" I replied shortly. Argh, this woman. I sighed and about to walked away from her. Then she spoke.

"Speaking of Tomioka-kun, he dated me earlier fufufu. He was so handsome wearing his red kimono" my heart stopped as she said that. He dated her? I gulped hard and trying to stop my tears from falling.

I'm hopeless

I faced her with a fake smile.

"Congratulations" then I walked away. My heart felt so heavy and painful. There's no way he dated that woman. She know nothing about him. Tomioka-san is not the type of guy to dated woman he barely knows. Maybe  it's a lie. Arrghhh... My mind is full of him.

Why did I fall for him? I'm such a fool. To ease the pain, I went to Mitsuri-chan's place hoping that she wouldn't notice my sudden breakdown yet unfortunately....

"Shinobu-chan, are you okay? Seeing you in tears breaks my heart. What heppened?" she said, her fists placed under her chin, concerned filled her cute green eyes.

"What are you talking about? Tears? There's none" I said, faking my smile, then she put both of her hands on my shoulders, looking straight to my eyes.

"Stop lying, Shinobu-chan. I know you're hurt. You're eyes are wet it means you cried earlier. Please tell me what happened, I'll be here to help you fix it" she smiled. I gave up and tell her what happened, she was surprised and mad at the same time.

"I'll break her bones with love for you,she know nothing about Tomioka-san" she turned to me with a mischievous smile. "I love you, Shinobu-chan. I'll break her bones with love for you" that taken me aback.

"You don't deserve to get hurt like this and I'll talk to Tomioka-san too" I just gave her a genuine smile. After that, we kept talking about everything until she asked me about Tomioka-san. Well, she already knows that I like him.

"What is it?"

"What is Tomioka-san to you?" my eyes widened at her question.

"What?"

"What is he to you?" she asked again. I stared at the ground thinking for an answer. Then she spoke again.

"Thanks to you he changed. He's smiling when he talks to you, it looks like you got the best of him. And I think he likes you"she giggled, my heart skipped a beat. He likes me? I flushed at her statement.

"H-how so?" she suddenly squealed.

"Kyyaaaahhhh you're stuttering and" she looked at me, blushed face and wide eyed gaze, shocked. She covered her mouth by her hands. "you're blushing kyaaaahhhh Shinobu-chan you're so cute" she throw her arms around me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Mi-Mitsuri-chan, I can't b-breath" then she let go and apologised.

"Okay so, I think he likes you. I can see the way he looks at you was filled with love and desire, his smile was genuine, his gestures are gentle and he's comfortable when you're around and happy" I blushed furiously at her statements. "Just like Iguro-kun" she added. We fell into a comfortable silence. Then she asked again.

"So what's your answer? What is he to you?" I sighed and closed my eyes, his soft smile appeared and unconsciously answered.

"He's my one and only man" I heard she gasped, I opened my eyes in realization as I said those words out loud. Looking away from my best friend trying to hide the embarrassed flushed face and hoping that she won't tell the other pillars about this.

"Kyaaaaaaaahhhhh finally, you're not denying anymore. I'm so proud of you, Shinobu-chan" she held both of my hands. "Confess all your feelings to him before it's too late" she added.

"It's too late, he likes Hikari-san and even dated her. I have no chance. I'm hopless" I said sadly.

"No, she only said that to make you jealous, believe me, its a lie" I wanted to believe her but I'm having doubts.

"But-"

"No buts. I'll support you till the end. Don't be afraid, Shinobu-chan" she gave me a reassuring smile that it makes my heart ease in pain.

"Okay, I'll try" I said.

______________________________________

Please don't forget to vote.