Chapter 8

Giyuu's POV

Then I start chasing the demon who carried Kochou. It's fast, I can't make it, my head and body is aching. This must be a work of an upper moon.

'If I find the demon who caused this, I'll lose Kochou. Tch" I thought.

"My priority now is to rescue Kochou and get out of here"

The demons are blocking my way, I keep slashing them and running forward. Minutes has passed, I finally reached the demon and was cornered by a cliff. Then the demon faced me, gritting his teeth, dugging his nails on Kochou's arms.

"Hey, demon slayer. You should give up, you know" the demon said while smirking.

I didn't respond and keeping my cold facade.

"Hey, can you hear me? If you fight me, this girl will get killed"

I still didn't respond to him. Now, the demon is pissed.

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST TALK?! ARE YOU DEAF?!" the demon yelled at me. But still, I didn't respond.

"Tch, you're a pain in the ass. This girl is your colleague, right? I'm sorry but I'm not going to give her back to you because she piqued my master's interest. In order to gain blood, I must bring her to my master" the demon explained while licking his lips.

'To his master? Tch'

Water Breathing Tenth Form: Constant Flux

As I chanted my form, the water dragon appeared by my side and launch an attack to the demon. The demon widened his eyes and didn't react. His head was bouncing against the ground, blood spilling from his neck. Kochou fell on the ground, I came to her, wrapping my arms around her body and leaned her head against my chest. I'm glad that she's alive but unconscious. Then, the demon spoke.

"Hey, my master is after that girl. My master is the strongest and gets attracted by many girls. I'm warning you, demon slayer. He will kill you and get that girl whose in your arms" the demon said until he turned into a dust.

I carried Kochou in a bridal style and walk away from the cliff. I still have energy to carry her but it's not going to last. I'm almost at my limit. I sighed heavily. I keep walking until I reached my limit, I stopped and leaned against a tree to rest. The sun was out, I took a glance on Kochou, the sun rays reflected on her face, it's beauty glowed like a Goddess. I've been with her many times but I didn't realize how beautiful she is. I'm such a fool for not noticing.

'If those demon's words are true, then I have to train hard enough to protect her and the people whose precious to me, that's a Promise'

Then everything went black and I drifted off to sleep.