Chapter 19

Shinobu's POV

I woke up to reality, it felt like a dream but it was actually a memory. By the time I joined the Demon Slayer Corps, the news spread like a wild fire. The fox guy that had been talked about and known as the strongest rookie died after his confrontation with the lower moon. I was devastated just like the death of my parents. Nee-san was very sad that time too. His last words were the same to the boy who saved me from the dog.

'Goodbye, little butterfly' it was similar. A heavy sigh escaped my mouth, getting up and prepare for what comes next.

It was still midnight yet here I am, eating in the kitchen. My Kasugai crow haven't given me a mission yet but I have to wait. Aoi's cooking is very delicious. I felt another presence behind me, I turned around and saw Hikari-san standing at the door.

"Oh, Hikari-san, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? You should be back at your home sleeping" I said and faked my smile. She seems mad, I wonder why.

"Kochou-sama, are you trying to take Tomioka-kun away from me?" she growled at me and gritting his teeth. My face turned into a serious one.

"Hikari-san, I don't know what you're talking about" I saw her grip on her sleeve tightens.

"Stop lying, Kochou-sama. I'm with Tomioka-kun this morning and he suddenly disappeared. I went back here and saw him carrying you. It's your fault why I'm like this" her eyes filled with anger and jealousy.

"Hikari-san, please don't blame me. It's his fault for carrying me" I furrowed my brows.

"Don't blame Tomioka-kun!" she suddenly shouted that would make everyone in the estate wake up. This is making me angry.

"Hikari-san, if you're only here for nothing but spitting nonsense, please get out of my mansion" the anger of my heart started to rise because of this girl. She approached me with a strong slap on my right cheek. Now, I wanted to kill this woman. I slapped her back but it was weak compare to hers. She smirked at me.

"I don't respect you because you're so weak" I was about to slap her but it stopped with her hand, she tightened her grip on my wrist. I hurriedly pulled back my right hand. "And also, I'm not afraid of you, jelly bones can be easily trample, you know" she added, evil smirk appeared on her lips. I hissed in pain when I hold gently my wrist. She walked out the room while humming, it seems she's having a good time hurting me. I'm so mad cause she injured my dominant arm. I can't fight like this and can't hold my sword like my usual strength.

"Shinobu-sama, are you okay?" we eat breakfast together. But I can't hold my chopsticks properly.

"Your wrist, master, what happened?" Kanao asked.

"It was Hikari-san, she thinks that I take Tomioka-san away from her and did this but don't worry, I'm fine" showing my fake smile yet deep inside, I'm so mad at her.

"She's a pain in the butt, so stubborn and always following the Water Pillar. It disguts me" Aoi said in a stern voice.

"She keeps going here just to find him and speaks ill about you" Kiyo said.

"Oh really? Don't let her in starting today, even though she's injured, just let her die outside, okay girls?" the girls was shocked. They think it was a sarcasm but I actually meant it.

"So you're not going on a mission today?" Aoi asked.

"No, I'll go. It's just a minor injury besides I can still fight" Aoi frowned, her eyes filled with concern. Kanao was sweating and the three girls looked at me with their sad faces.

"Don't worry" I smiled genuinely to them. I really love them whole heartedly.

"Well then, I have to go" I bowed and bid my goodbye to them.

I arrived at the master's mansion, I saw Mitsuri-chan with Iguro-san, I just ignored them not wanting to be the third wheel.

"Kochou" a familiar voice called me.

"Tomioka-san"

"We're joined in today's mission" again?

"Oh, we've been joining missions lately. We should get along" I said, trying my best to hide my injured wrist.

"Yeah.... by the way" he gently pulled out my injured wrist "what happened to your wrist?" he said, while examining my wrist.

"Oh, it's your fault why she's jealous" I said, a vein popped on my forehead.

He raised his brow "Me? I didn't do anything. Who's jealous?"

"Hikari-san was jealous that you carried me"

"If she's jealous, it has nothing to do with me" he looked at me with his cold eyes. I just stared at him. The world slowed when I stared at him, his features are so fine yet it was ruined by his stern expression. But I kinda like it.

"Kochou-Tomioka, what a great couple!" my heart jumped when Rengoku-san suddenly shouted, my ears almost can't hear everything. And the most embarrassing part, he saw the two of us stare each others eyes. I blushed furiously.

"Her wrist hurt" he said blankly, acting like nothing happened.

"Is that so? Hurting Kochou is not good, they will get killed immediately!" he's right, I'm going to kill that woman later. Uzui-san appeared with his three wives.

"Oi, Tomioka, holding Kochou like that is a flamboyant move" both of us looked at my injured wrist and I quickly pulled away from his hold.

"Uzui-san, it's not what you think" I waved my left hand.

"Uzui, you're here"

"We're here to visit master" Hinatsuru said, holding Uzui-san's large hand.

"Tomioka, you seem changed, huh? Back then, you laughed and now, you're holding Kochou, what is the meaning of this?"

"He laughed? That's somehow strange yet wonderful!" Rengoku-san said while crossing his arms.

"Is it because of Kochou?" he said while wiggling his eyebrows and grinning widely. I glanced at him waiting for his answer, he flushed slightly. I wanted the ground to eat me  whole and disappear from this embarrassing moment.

"No, it has nothing to do with her" he hold my left hand. "We need to go" we walk away from them, holding each others hands.