Chapter 22

Giyuu's POV

Why does fate have to be so cruel to me? I didn't like it. I thought fate can change itself but I was wrong. The feeling of guilt came back to me and picturing sensei holding a knife to slit his belly. Tears came down from my eyes, this is the first time I cried after those cold years. I reached Mt. Sagiri and went immediately to sensei's house. Opened the door and saw him about to slit his belly.

"SENSEI! STOP!" he looked at me and and back to the knife. I ran to him, trying to grab the knife yet he avoided me.

"Sensei, don't slit your belly just because of your selfish student!" I caught him and pinned him down. Then, the trio came to the door, puzzled.

"Urokodaki-san, Tomioka-san, what's going on?" Tanjiro asked, concerned filled in his eyes.

"Oi, you three, grab the knife, he's trying to slit his own belly" I commanded them. Shocked expression written on their face. They immediately helped me.

"He's my student, it's my responsibility not yours" sensei said sadly.

"It's his choice to become a demon, he's not your responsibility anymore" I yelled at him, the trio was confused at the situation. The three of us let him go and we sat down.

"What's going on? Please tell us" Tanjiro said, begging an explanation. The two just fell silent.

We heard sensei sighed and talked "Sano, he was my student before Giyuu. He was a kind child back then, I didn't know that he survived because he didn't came back after the Final Selection. Few years has passed, he came back to steal the Eye and ran away. I tried to chase him but he was fast enough to run away from me. Sano is an Upper Rank Moon 2, his goal is to slay Giyuu" the four of them turned their gazes to me.

"He also mentioned that he has a plan to burn something and use humans for their plan" I said.

"What?" they said in unison.

"That demon is so cruel. If I will meet him face to face, I'll kill him for sure" Inosuke snarled.

"We should be careful" Zenitsu remarked.

"So what's your plan, Giyuu-san? We should tell them about this"

I nodded, "I'll defeat him myself"

"You can't defeat him yourself, you fought him, right? There's no way you could win in this battle on your own, Giyuu" Sensei spoke.

"I'll obtain the Eye, sensei" I looked at him.

"Giyuu" we just locked our gazes.

"The Eye?" the trio said in unison, their curiosity filled up their minds. Then sensei spoke.

"The Eye is a powerful thing, water breathing users can only wear this. If you can't withstand it's side effects, you'll go blind permanently. If you can, your strength levels up and your forms are even more powerful. However, if people tend to look at the Eye, they go permanently blind. I didn't wear it because I'm too old and I was thinking that I should destroy it" sensei explained. I'm having second thoughts about wearing it, if it is the only way to defeat him then I'll wear it but..... I know it's not the time to think about the person I cared the most, Kochou. It looks like fate playing tricks on me, when I saw her joined the corps, I really thought that fate brought us together, that it's destiny. But I was wrong, fate even pulled me far away from her. I didn't care about her before but it's different now, because of Tanjiro, I realized that how immature I was and changed. If it's for her and the girl's sake, for the Master's sake, I've made up my mind. I'll wear it and I have no regrets about it. I raised my head to look at sensei and to my disciples.

"I'll wear it, sensei, no matter what happens" even he wore a mask, I can sense that he's worried but didn't argued. I turned to my disciples, my lips curved into a small smile.

"Train yourselves even harder this time. We have an upper moon to defeat" their faces turned into a determined, serious one and nodded in unison. I like that. Then, Inosuke butt in.

"Lets fight first, mismatched haori" I looke at him in dismay.

"I told you to call me Giyuu, Inosuke" his crossed on his chest and looked away. And didn't say anything.

I know I shouldn't think about her but I can't help it. Sadness filled up my heart, not seeing her pains me. I wanted to see her, calling my name all over to seek my attention and the way she looks at me with her beautiful purple eyes makes me feel like the only guy in this cruel world. She makes my heart race just like before, no other woman could make me feel this way, just her. This kind of situation really comes and sacrifice what you have to overcome. Sacrifice. I let out a sigh at the word.

What do I have to sacrifice?

My life? My left eye?

Kochou

Kochou

Kochou

My mind and heart screams her name. Then a question popped into my head.

Do I love her?

______________________________________

I hope you enjoy reading.