Chapter 17

Shinobu's POV

"Kochou" my eyes widened when I heard him whispered my name. I'm sitting at his side, observing the effects of the antidote I injected into him. Did he have a dream about me? The door slide open and it appears to be Hikari.

"How is Tomioka-kun?" she asked.

"He's fine and still sleeping. The antidote is working on him" I saw her holding flowers and a letter. She seems to like Tomioka-san.

"I'm glad that you're here for him. He was having a hard time fighting back there. He was protecting me while fighting. What a brave man" a tear escaped her right eye. She then sniffed. I can tell that she was acting.

"I-is that so?" faking my smile. I heard a grunt from behind me and it seems like he's awake.

"Tomioka-kun" she pushed me aside and went to him. This made me annoyed, she doesn't have some sort of respect to me even though she knows I'm the master of this mansion. I only glanced at them and went to my office. My heart feels heavy when I see him with someone else.

Am I jealous?

No, that's not it. I can't be jealous of that loner. He wants to be alone that's why nobody likes him. Or maybe he wants to be alone with someone else. That made me even sadder. I sat on my chair, I started to overthink.

This is not me. My heart couldn't calm down because of overthinking. Its heavy and aching. Someone knocked the door.

"Who is it?" it opened and Aoi appeared.

"The Water Pillar wants your presence, Shinobu-sama" I showed her my fake smile.

"Tell him that I'm busy making an antidote, thank you" she just nodded and went back to his room. I sighed and continued what I'm doing.

Hours has passed, someone knocked the door.

"Come in" while looking at my microscope.

"Shinobu-sama, The Water Pillar left with Hikari-san" I was stunned by what Aoi said.

"Let him go, Aoi-chan" I faced and smiled at her. She frowned, I know she acts like that because it's her job to cure and help people. I dismissed her and continued my work. My head began to ache, but I still have work to do. My poisons and medicines. I stood up to get the formula yet my surroundings are started to spin and everything turned black.

'I'm sorry'

'I can't'

'I'm going to die soon and never meet you again'

Those words.....

Someone caught me and landed unto someone's chest. I glanced up and see his deep blue ocean eyes filled with..... emotions.

"You need to give yourself some rest" he said, holding me.

"You're still here? I thought you left with Hikari-san"

"I left to get away from that woman and came back here for check up" he carried me in a bridal style, I'm fluttered to what he did. "It seems like you overworked yourself it means I can go back to training without checking up" I just fell silent because of the headache, if it didn't, I can kill him right here for being stubborn. When he reached my bedroom, he put me gently, removed my haori and covered me by my blanket.

"You're strange, Tomioka-san" he hummed in response. "It's unusual for you to do these things" what he did next made me even more surprised. He moved closer, our foreheads touched yet our faces are so close. I blushed extremely making me look sick. Now I realize that he's so handsome and charming. My heart races like a thousand galloping horses. Afterwards, he broke away and looked at me with his cold eyes as usual, then he turned around, his back faced me.