Chapter 20

Shinobu's POV

The mission lately was difficult for me because of my wrist but I managed to kill some of them. We went to the field of flowers for relaxing ourselves, the sun haven't rise yet. The moon was still up and shining it's beauty above us. We sat together and enjoying each others silence.

"Tomioka-san, isn't the moon lovely?" he hummed in response.

"Say something, Tomioka-san" I poked his right cheek. "This is why no one likes you" I just smiled at him as usual. He suddenly caught my hand and pulled me closer to him, our face almost touch. My heart almost jumped out off my chest, thankfully it was still dawn that covers my blushed face. I smacked his head twice.

"Tomioka-san, do you have a death wish? I'll kill you" I said while smiling.
He rubs his head and smiled at me.

"Tomioka-san, you are an idiot"

"......I know" I stopped myself from getting mad at him.

"Tomioka-san, I have a question"

"Have you ever liked someone?" I asked while looking up the moon.

"Yeah" my heart dropped. Who'd ever guessed that a chilly person like him might have feelings for someone. I hope I know her.

"Can you tell me who is she?"

"No"

"You're boring, Tomioka-san. Can you at least describe this woman?"

"No, you'll know right away if I describe it to you"

"Really?" now I'm curious who's this woman that Tomioka-san like.

"How about you, Kochou?" my head turned to him.

"Have you ever liked someone?" he asked, looking at me, waiting for my answer. I stare back at the moon before I replied to him.

"Yes, but he's already dead" his image popped into my mind. I can't forget the features of his fox mask.

"Can you tell me who is he?"

"Oh, I don't know his name but I called him Fox because he wears a fox mask" I sadly smiled at the memory where he lifted his mask and smiled at me.

"I'm sorry" he apologised. I shook my head.

"It's okay, do you know him?" he was silent for a while. Then he replied.

"....... I don't know him"

"Oh, I see" I frowned at his reply. "Let's make flower crowns, do you know how to make flower crown, Tomioka-san?"

"No" he said, looking at me with his cold eyes as usual. I stood up and ran to the flowers, just like before, the fireflies came out and the butterflies flutters everywhere. I picked flowers that would suits him and for me too. I planned to make these in here to surprise him.

After I made them, I went back to him while hiding the crowns behind me. He stood up and went to me too. I showed him the flower crowns I made. The blue mixed with white one is for him and the purple mixed with pink one is for me. He suddenly grabbed my flower crown and placed it on top of my head. Heat rises to my cheeks while looking at him wide eyes. It's my turn to put this to his yet he's so tall. I stand up on my toes but it was useless. He bend a little just like the fox guy did. He suddenly smirked, teasing me. I blushed and smacked his head.

"You're the Queen of Annoying Insects" a vein popped in my forehead.

"You're the King of Loners" I smiled as usual. I found him handsome with the flower crown I made. My heart pounds again.

"I'm wrong" he stated.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You're the Queen of Beautiful Butterflies, Kochou" I blushed furiously to what he said. My heart pounds like it would come out off my chest. And HE SMILED!! It was a genuine smile from a loner yet handsome man. He smiled many times now but this smile is different. The sun rises and it shines Tomioka-san's charming smile. This moment of the day, I realised that what I felt today is the same to the fox guy. But this time, it's getting stronger.

"Even though you complimented me, you're still the King of Loners" he was dumbfounded. I just giggled at him.

I can't deny the fact that I have fallen in love with him

Every after missions, we stayed at the field of flowers, telling and opening to each other yet he never tells me about his childhood past. Every time he goes back to training, we exchanged letters. And the pain on my wrist is now fully healed. During the Pillar's Meeting, he talks often to them but he talks more when it comes to me. They found it strange, he acts differently like going back to his cold self yet he responds. When it comes to me, he smiles often, talks and sometimes he gets back to his cold self. He gets along a little with Shinazugawa-san and Iguro-san but they still hate him.

The two of us standing in front of my mansion. There's a question popped into my head.

"Hey, Tomioka-san, why do you treat us differently?"

"Hmm?"

"I mean, you talk and smile at me a lot but you don't when it comes to them, you should get along with the others, you know" I said while poking his right cheek. He looked up to the sky for a while, thinking for his answer. Then, he glanced at me directly to my eyes.

"Because... I'm only me when I'm with you, Kochou" I flushed sightly and the butterflies in my stomach flutters when he said that.

"Tomioka-san, you're still suck at forming words. Please, practice more" I said, hiding my flustered self. He dead panned.

"..... Oh, by the way how's your wrist?" he asked.

"It's okay now, I can hold my sword properly just like before. May I ask, since when did you start caring about me, Tomioka-san?" He pondered for a while and gave me his reply.

"I.... always cared about you, Kochou" his words stunned me. Has he always been this sweet? No, he's been sweet all the time, how can't I notice that?

"Kochou" my eyes stared at his charming features.

"Kochou"

"Oi, Kochou" I can feel the heat on my cheeks. I blinked my eyes twice.

"Kochou, did I say something wrong?" seriously? It's his fault why I'm like this. How dense.

"Shinobu-sama, you're back" my heart jumped out of my throat when I heard the girls. I glanced at them, putting my smile, blushing mess. Did they watch the whole scene? Did they heard us? Did they saw the whole scene?

"Shinobu-sama, are you okay?" Naho asked. Then, they changed their gazes from to him. The three little girls looked surprised and happy, Aoi glared at him and Kanao just smiles.

"I'm okay, don't worry. We're just having a nice conversation" I turned to him "See you later, Tomioka-san" I went inside with the girls and turned my head back to the gate, saw him still standing, waving his hand. I just gave him a smile, a soft one.