Chapter 24

Shinobu's POV

Laying on my bed, staring on the white ceiling, thinking about him again. It's been four months since he stayed away from me, I wonder why. Is it because he dated Hikari-san or he likes Hikari-san? Arrghh I keep thinking negative things. Fortunately that woman didn't appear too, I'm relieved. She makes my blood boil inside and it makes me want to grab her hair for dating him and injuring my wrist. Winter season almost ended, the upcoming spring festival excites me. I can't wait to wear my yukata and bond with the girls. And also, I can't wait to confess my feelings to him after the festival. Fantasies about him always plays in my mind. Like I'm so impatient and can't wait to see him or tease him to get away from these thoughts. I haven't seen him and that makes me sad. That cold water pillar didn't even show up.

A knock pulled me out from my thoughts. Aoi's head appeared.

"Excuse me, Shinobu-sama, the Love Pillar came here to see you" I sat up and I saw Mitsuri-chan walk towards me, squealing.

"Kyaaaahhhh Shinobu-chan we're going on a mission together, I'm so excited" she throw her arms around me and let go afterwards. I prepared myself for a new joint mission with the Love Pillar. I was used to have joint missions with him and poke his back to remind him that I'm ready. I sighed went with Mitsuri-chan.

I miss him so much

At night with the Love Pillar and the other demon slayers hiding behind the trees and rooftops. We were waiting for the demons to attack and kill them in instant.

The mission was easy, it ended right away and none of the lower ranks are severely injured. We ate after the mission and rest for a while to gain back the energy we spend. Mitsuri's crow came for another mission. We said our goodbyes to each other and went home then my crow came to me.

"Run Kochou-sama kaaaww demons at your estate kaaawww" my eyes widened at his statement.

"That's impossible" I murmured and ran faster towards my estate. The girls, Kanao is there, I'm sure it will be fine but it's impossible that a demon can enter inside my estate except Nezuko, she's an innocent demon. This demon is different, perhaps, a lower moon? An Upper moon?

When I reached my estate, a smell of blood caught my nose. The girls. I went inside then I saw Naho lying on the ground, her face was full of bruises, she's abused by someone. I crouched down and hold her gently. My heart was beating of anger.

"Naho-chan, what happened? Where are the others?" I asked.

"D-demons inside the estate. We were abused. The others are inside" then she fainted. I placed her outside the estate to keep her from harm when the battle comes.

The patients were lying on the ground unconscious. I was very terrified from what I'm seeing. Then I saw the other girls being tied. When they spotted me, their eyes widened from relief and gratefulness.

"Sh-Shinobu-sama" I quickly untied them and gave a hug. Aoi was unconscious. Their faces are covered with blood and bruises.

"Girls, it's going to be alright. I'm here now. Where's Kanao?"

"Sh-shes inside. They're using her to lure you out and..... the Water Pillar too" my eyes widened at her statement. Why does Tomioka-san involved with this?

"Head outside you'll find Naho lying there. Stay there to be safe, okay?" They carried Aoi out and I head inside. I found the hallway bloody. I can't forgive who did this. Turned right to the dojo area and found Kanao being tied and Hikari-san holding a knife threatening to slit her throat. What is she doing here?

"What are you doing here, Hikari-san? Let her go" she smirked that could make my blood boil inside.

"M-master" I prepared my stance to attack on Hikari but it didn't happen. A strong demon presence filled the atmosphere. He appeared beside Hikari. His hair was tied into a low messy ponytail like him, wears a black and white kimono, he has mismatched eyes, light blue in his right and pure white in his left with mark Upper Moon Two. And also, he has a sword on his hips, is this the demon Tomioka-san battled with?

"The Insect Pillar, Kochou Shinobu, it's great to see you in such a good time" I narrowed my eyes giving him a glare.

"Why are you here? It's impossible that a demon can come to this place"

"We used humans to get in here since you are our number one target" used humans? How cruel of him. Their number one target? What does that mean?

"And you're the perfect person to lure Tomioka Giyuu, he must be coming here later" he wants me and him? What is his goal anyway? I charged at him in full speed, injecting a poison in his eye and backed away.

"Oh, I didn't know that you are this fast despite on having soft bones and can't cut heads but..." my eyes widened from fear, he's a poison resistant.

"Poisoning me can't take me down, woman" he added. Oh no, dammit. I haven't met an Upper Moon before like this one. Veins popping put of my face from anger.

"Getting mad, are you?" Hikari giggled evily.

"Don't take advantage of humans, they can be terrifying, you know" I said while smiling.

"What?" I heard the demon said, confused to what I said.

Insect Breathing Dance of the Centipede: Hundred-Legged Zigzag

I successfully got under him and stab him to the ceiling, poisoning him. Injecting all of my poison to him. He grinned at me and punched me down.

"You're a one interesting woman, no wonder why Douma wants you" he then walked towards me. I coughed blood.

"Jairo, turn those humans outside into demons. The plan went well" the Upper Moon commanded. Another demon appeared beside him, he has four tails with a blade on the end of it, light red eyes with a mark Lower Moon 1. This is bad, the girls outside will turn into one of them, I can't let that happen. The other pillars are busy doing their own mission. In this situation I need back up.

"Understood" the demon named Jairo replied. I quickly dashed to take Kanao off of Hikari's hold, pushing her aside and tried to escape the estate yet the Upper Moon blocked my way. 

"You're fast but not fast enough to escape from me" he pulled out his sword and I quickly evaded his attack and jumped backwards trying to escape through the window yet Jairo blocked my way.

Blood Demon Art: Blood Manipulation

He injected both me and Kanao. We both fell to the ground. Something was rushing inside me, a poison perhaps or a blood to become a demon. Surroundings twirls and my sight becomes blurry.

Kanao

Sumi

Kiyo

Naho

Aoi

Pillars

Tomioka-san