Chapter 4

Hazel's POV

I glanced up to see Reyna standing over me. "Reyna?" I asked, but my voice cracked. I had been crying all night. She must've known I was crying because she said, "The letter?"
"You read it?"
"I... I'm sorry.." I looked at her and sighed. "Nightmares..." Reyna nodded. "How did you find me?" I asked wiping my eyes. "Well... he didn't come to the praetor meeting... so I thought maybe he was with you. And well you were gone, so I had to fill in the blanks."
"It's just... I don't want him to die.." I started crying again. To my surprise she embraced me. I wrapped my arms around her. "What do I do?" I asked over and over again. "Tell me your dream." I told her everything, every time he died. "What does it mean? Is he going to... to die?" She stroked my hair. "Hazel, he will make it. He always does, doesn't he?"
"Yea..." I said weakly.
"See? Now let's go save Frank!"
"Wait.... If you come, they will kill him." Reyna looked at the floor, as if she hadn't thought of that before. "Reyna....?" She looked up at me. She opened her mouth to talk when something moved in the bushes. Reyna did a 360, while she unsheathed her sword. I grabbed my sword, and looked at it. All I could think of was my dream. "A little help?" I glanced up and realized Reyna was fighting off 3 hellhounds. I shot up, and started whacking them with my sword. I stabbed one it the chest when it tried to pounce on me. My eyes stung, and I started shaking, I felt like I was stabbing him all over again. I fell down and more tears burned my face. "Frank... Oh Frank..." Reyna looked at me, with two piles of dust behind her. "He will be okay."
"But my dream..." She looked at me with sympathy. "Does it mean he will....die?" I asked wiping my face. "I'm not sure" She replied, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Lets keep moving." She held out her hand. "Okay." I took her hand and she pulled me to my feet. I grabbed my backpack, and we started walking.