Chapter 9

Hazel's POV

"You mean the house we were just at?" I asked completely confused. "No. We just go there to try and save important demigods." Jennie explained. Peter started to punch her, and she grabbed his hand. "Why would you tell us that's where you live though?"

"I-" I wasn't sure if I should tell them or not, but I think I need their help. I handed Jennie the letter. She read it then nodded. "We can take you there." Peter knitted his eyebrows. "But Jennie.. isn't sh-"

"Peter. Lets just help her." Peter looked at the floor, but he nodded. I wondered what he was going to say, but I shrugged it off. They got their stuff, then started walking. I grabbed my backpack and followed. They kept whispering stuff to each other and kept glancing back at me. I didn't want to eavesdrop, so I decided to look at the hills instead of watching them. No matter how hard I tried I still picked up a couple of words-one of which included 'Zhang' I started not trying so hard to not eavesdrop. I heard more which didn't reassure me. As we walked I felt sweat trickle down my forehead. I wondered if it was from walking in the heat, or from the conversation taking place in front of me. I watched as Peter leaned close to Jenni's ear and said something. I tried to read his lips, but when I tried I tripped on a stone in my path and face planted. "Ow...." I mumbled into the dirt. Jenni turned towards me. "Holy Hera! Are you okay?" I sat up and wiped my face. "Yea, I'm fine." I stood up just as Jenni said, "Were almost there. As long as everything goes smoothly we should make it there by 7:30. That's only an hour aw-" Suddenly a Chimera pounced on her. She yelped and I leaped into action. I grabbed the hilt of my sword and ran to Jenni's side. I tried to stab it but it was quick. It dodged my blade, but the good thing was that it was off of Jenni. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Peter grabbing a dagger from his pack and he ran towards the Chimera. He stuck the dagger out in front of him and leaped into the air. He landed between the monster's jaws.