Chapter 11

Hazel's POV

Peter and Jenni walked by my side as if trying to protect me. "Guys, the letter said come alone..I don't want you guys getting hurt because of me." I said looking over at Jenni. "Listen. We live there, I dunno what kinda scheme is going on, but we are going to find out. Right Peter?" Peter glanced up at Jenni. "Y-yea... Of course." After a few minutes of silence Jenni said, "We're here." I looked at the building. A two story house, kinda shabby. "So what's the plan?" I asked. "What?" Peter glanced at me. "It's our house we have the key. We walk up, unlock the door, and tada! Walk inside." I sighed. "I'm going alone." Before they could respond I ran up to the door. When they ran after me I willed two round diamonds to surface above the dirt and make them trip. "Don't touch them!" I yelled before I ran inside and slammed the door. "Hello? I'm here! Where is Frank?" I heard footsteps walking down the stairs. "Hello?" Suddenly a figure came into sight. "Follow me." It said. I bit my lip and walked after him. "I have a question, Miss Levesque."
"Yes?" I asked, trying to sound confidant. "It's about," He turned towards me holding a piece of bark. "This." I clasped my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. It was Frank's life stick. "How did you-"
"Don't you remember? He had it. Oh and this bag, it's really marvelous weaving. I must learn the secret. But that's for a different time. Now, if this burns, his life ends, correct?"
"Yes!" I mentally slapped myself. "I mean, no. No it doesn't." I lied. The man lit a match. "So you wouldn't mind it I did this?" He held the match close to the stick. "No!!" I screamed. He pulled the match away. "Come with me." I followed him, breathing heavily. I thought I might have a heart attack. "So," He said as we walked into a new room. He set the stick on a counter by a remote, and a box of matches. "I have another question." The door slammed shut. I ran towards it and tried opening it. It was locked. I turned towards the man. "What do you want from me?" He smiled cruelly. "For so many years I wanted you dead. You came back. I don't want to take that chance again, so instead of killing you, I'll crush your spirit. You have two choices. This," He pointed to the stick and the matches. "Or, this." He picked up the remote. "This button will destroy both camps, and any mortal within 200 miles of it." I took a shaky breath. "200?"
"Your choice. Who's more important? All of your friends and innocent mortals, or Zhang?"