Chapter 14

Hazel's POV

I took a step towards the counter. Suddenly lights turned on in a different room, and I could somehow see through the wall. I ran towards the wall and banged against it, trying to get him to wake up. I saw Frank, tied to a chair with a dagger through his arm. "Frank!" I heard chuckling from behind me. I turned and saw the man laughing. "He can't hear you. Yes, he can see you, that is, he will see you." He snapped and a bolt of electricity shot towards Frank. His eyes flew open. I banged my fists into the wall. "Frank!" I screamed. "Such a pity, poor Frank will have to either watch you destroy the camps, or burn his life. Isn't that nice?" I glanced at the man. "What did I do to you? What was the terrible wrong I did?" He smiled then nodded towards Frank, "Not now, you must first watch." He said. I looked over right as Frank finally noticed me and smiled. He lipped the word, "Hazel." Butterflies filled my stomach as he smiled at me. Then suddenly that feeling left. Two men walked into the room with Frank. They had whips. My eyes widened. "Frank!" I turned towards the man. "Please, don't hurt him. Make me sit in there, make them whip me, I don't care, just don't hurt him! Please...." The man laughed again. "It's working better then I thought it would. No, Miss Levesque, they aren't stopping until you make your choice. And depending on what you choose, they may never stop." I looked into his eyes. "You mean... If I pick the camps... you won't make them stop? Your just going to keep him here, torturing him for something I did?" I heard one of the whips smack into Frank, and he moaned. "How come I can hear him? Why can't he hear me?" The man grinned. "I did that so you could hear his pain. Maybe I'll just lock you in here to sit and watch him for the rest of your life!" I pressed my hand against the wall as a tear crept down my cheek. "I can't let them do this to you..." I whispered to myself. I stood up and walked to the counter. I reached for the stick. I looked up and saw Frank watching me, even though they were still whacking him. I felt nonstop tears flowing down my face. I reached a shaky hand towards the matches.