Chapter 10

Hazel's POV

For a second I was so stunned I couldn't breathe. Did he just commit Chimera-assisted suicide? Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck, but it wasn't the time to worry about me, Peter was in trouble! When I finally was able to move again, I ran over to the monster. But I was too late. Peter had already stabbed it and wiped off his blade. Why didn't I notice? I had my eyes fixed on the Chimera the whole time. "So much for smoothly. That set us off course more then it should have. I'm afraid we might have to stop for tonight." I looked up. "Isn't it only a few more miles?" Jenni sighed. "If you want to find your 'panda boy', you'll need as much strength as you can get. Let's just say it ain't easy like the house with mama cyclops."

"Easy? That was easy?"

"Compared to what your heading for, it's down right dandy." I bit my lip. I had to find Frank. I couldn't live without him. "I don't care how hard it is. But I guess your right. Strength is a good thing to have." So we set up camp. I unrolled my sleeping bag and snuggled up inside it. I pulled out the locket from under my shirt. I opened it and stared at the picture of me and Frank . I wish he was here. I thought about leaving them and going to find Frank by myself, but I knew I needed them to show me where the place is. I wasn't sure why the people-err whatever they are- that wrote the letter wanted me, but if it meant saving Frank, I'd do anything. With that thought I drifted off to sleep.

The dreams I had were to horrid to explain, but I'll try....

I was in a cornfield, just standing by myself. The whirr of winds whistling through my ears. I could see the sunset in the distance. It was a perfect day. I stepped towards a corn stalk and took a piece of corn. I bit into the corn and pain seared through my body, my knees buckled, my arms fell loose from their sockets, and my hands felt like they were on fire. I glanced up at the sky and saw a face where the sun should be. A face full of so much anger, it seared into me. Suddenly I knew what the wind was saying, "Revenge." And that's what I was going to get. Whatever took Frank better watch out. As these thoughts came to my mind the face laughed. "Yes my dear.." His voice sounded like it was coming from a shriveled rat. "Revenge."

I awoke to daylight, and a shake on the shoulder. "Time to get up sleepy head." Jenni said. All the anger from my dream had disappeared. "Alright let's go."