Chapter 21

Jason's POV

I repeated the plan to Leo who was almost too happy with his part... As Leo ran out the door me and Piper dashed to where the execution would be taking place. They were already set up. We had already lost. They had him tied to a pole. I ran to the front of the crowd to try to stop them, but it was too late, They lit the pole on fire and his whole body erupted in flames. Even though I didn't know him, I felt bad. A tear inched its way down my cheek. After about five minutes, they sprayed down the pole. Smoke flew everywhere. When the smoke had lowered to the floor, I could only see a burnt pole. Everyone the was there left. It was now only me, and Piper. When the smoke finally subsided, we saw a body sprawled on the floor, but he didn't look too badly burnt. A few cuts were there, but other then that nothing. I ran over to look at the wounds, but I almost jumped back. They were starting to disappear. I guessed because he was a son of Apollo. I helped him to his feet. "How on earth did you survive that?" He took a deep breath. "I..." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hazel running towards us. "Peter!" She exclaimed. "Your alive! But... how?" Peter glanced up at her sadly. "It was Apollo. He was so in love with my mom... She wanted immorality, but the other gods refused. A few years later, she summoned back Apollo, and he granted her immorality, but by then she didn't want it for herself. She said she didn't want anyone else to leave her... I begged and begged, for her not to let them, but she denied. The god granted her wish and made me immortal in her place." I glanced at a wound that was taking a little longer to heal, sure enough, the blood was golden inchor. "Well you could have told us. Then we wouldn't have been so worried." I said. Hazel embraced him in a hug. "Not all gods are bad." She whispered into his ear. A small smile tugged at Peter's lips. "We should get back to Camp Halfblood." I said. "Hazel, your welcome to come with us, we can have a proper funeral. Or, we could have it here. Peter would be better off at Camp Halfblood though." Hazel nodded. "I want to go back. I... I don't think I can stay here." She said softly. "So I'll get Festus?" I jumped. Leo had just sneaked up behind me. "Yea, that would be great Leo." Leo ran to get the medal dragon, and soon we saw them flying over our heads. Once he landed, we all got on his back. We flew to camp, and told everyone the news, and to start setting up for a funeral.