Chapter Two

Kathrine woke up early. 
It wasn't what she intended to happen, but she rolled with it.
Carefully pulling on her dress skirt and shirt, being careful around her sensitive butterfly wings. She was about to leave her room, but remember last night and decided to pull on the spare cape which was lying neatly folded on her purple bed sheets. Placing her crown on, Kathrine left the room. 

Walking down the hall, Kathrine admired the beautifully made castle. The white mixed with cyan, and the gold trimmings just brought it to life. She wandered around aimlessly, exploring the library and courtyards. Running her fingers on the banners decorating the hallways. As the sun began to rise, Kathrine found herself in the kitchen. She blinked in surprise seeing a young girl around 14, with short green hair falling over her face standing next to the furnace, flour on her jeans and shirt. 
She was wearing a white apron with a whisk, wooden spoon and a tablespoon. Her hands were covered in pastel green oven gloves.
Kathrine watched in amazement as the girl opened the furnace and removed the trays of Macarons, gently placing them on the island counter. 

A pot of tea and white teacups with gold trimming were soon placed beside them. 
The girl looked up and saw Kathrine. She bowed and said, " Your Highness. " The older woman smiled at her politeness and spoke in a soft tone, " You don't need to bow, I'm a guest. Not your ruler. " The girl raised her head and straightened her back. " I'm sorry, My name is Vivian. I'm the chef. "Kathrine's eyes gleamed, she could finally thank her for the food last night. 
" The food you created last night, Was exquisite! The starter pastries were beautiful, and tasted great!! " Vivian looked surprised but grinned ear to ear. 
" If you thought those were good, You should taste these. " at that, she picked up a small plate and placed three macaroons onto it. A pale green macaroon, a dark velvet macaroon with pink icing and a purple macaroon. 

Kathrine thanked her and picked up the purple treat. 
Vivian selected an orange one and bit into it. 
The dark-haired woman bit into the treat, and her mind exploded. It was amazing. It tasted like almonds and chocolate. 
Vivian grinned happily, she could tell the monarch liked it. " This is amazing!! So good¬! " 
"It's a traditional treat here. I'm testing out different recipes for the festival, the one you ate is an almond/chocolate mix. I ate an orange/mango one. " Kathrine's eyes were shining, " You are an amazing chef. Scott should be thankful that he has you. " The green-haired girl smiled and picked up the teapot and a teacup. 
She poured the yellowish drink into the cup. "It's called Lemon coffee. It's a drink my mother created. She taught me the recipe before she passed. " Placing whipped cream on top of the drink, before grating some lemon onto it. The drink was placed in front of Kathrine and Vivian created another one for herself. 
" This is wonderfully crafted. " Kathrine commented whipped cream around her mouth.  
The younger kid giggled happily. 

" Good to see you like it. I'm thinking of serving it at breakfast. " 
" I get more at breakfast? SCORE! " 
The females laughed.

They sipped their drinks in comfortable silence, savouring their drinks, and macaroons. 
Kathrine put her drink down. And with a smile asked, " What are you thinking of serving at breakfast? Because I will literally just eat Macaroons and Lemon Coffee all day. " Vivian laughed. 
She pulled out a list of breakfast options and showed it to the other. 
" You can pick. " 

Kathrine didn't have to finish reading before she decided what she wanted. 
" Macarons and Lemon coffee. The others need to try this amazing food. " Laughter filled the large kitchen. " It'll be done. " 

_____________________________________()_________________________________________

Scott lightly stroked Deer's head, Lightly and tenderly with compassion. 
His morning cup of lemon coffee sitting on a nearby tree stump steaming. Breakfast was wonderful, apparently, Kathrine had picked it out. Scott didn't eat much. 
Scott reached behind him and picked up the cup, bringing it to his lips and taking a long swig. 
Deer poked his head out of the stables and went to try to drink some of the steaming hot liquid. " Absolutely not!! " Scott said, placing the drink far out of the Deers reach. The large white stag gave Scott the, " Are you kidding me? " look. 
And the male responded with a " Try me " look. 

The moment was disrupted by the sound of snow crunching underfoot. Scott turned to see Virian walking towards him holding a tray of Macarons and croissants. She walked up bowing her head to her monarch, before placing the tray on the tree stump. 
Scott went to say, something but was cut off halfway. " Thank you for the meal Vivian but I'm not hu- " 
" Eat. " 
Scott thanked her, but she didn't leave. " Don't try to get out of it. " Vivian said, stepping up beside him. She dug around in her apron pocket before producing an apple pastry and offering it to the great stag. Deer accepted it and chowed it down quickly. 
" Talk to me Scott, please. We're worried. " 
Scott turned to her and said, " I have nothing to say, I'm alright. " 
Vivian was not pleased with this answer. 
" Scott, You saved my life. And I have the utmost respect for you but for Aeor's sake, Please stop hiding behind that bull. "