A Note From The Author

Our Mothers tell us that there are no monsters under our beds,
Or hidden inside our closets. 
But they don't warn us, that sometimes monsters, 
Come dressed as people, who claim to love us more than the Sun loves the moon. 

- Nikita Gill

I suppose I love my scars, 
Because they have stayed with me longer than most people. 

- Nikita Gill

( A note from the author )

Humans are weird. 
They fight just to be beaten. 
They kill others just to die in their own bed. 
They crave power just to have their power taken. 
They fall in love just to have their heartbroken. 

I never really understood this. 
This was until I was injured, badly. 
I came close to death four times. 

Once, when I was eight. 
I was playing in my grandma's backyard. I was young and stupid, I know this now. 
I fell. 
I fell to the cobblestones, stunned and surprised. 
As I stood, I took a step back, groggy. 
My grandmother called me, and I went to go inside.
Then, The pain kicked in.

A searing pain. 
I looked at my foot. Blood was pooling through my white sock. Lots, and Lots of blood. 
I screamed. 
My mother took me to the hospital. 
The Doctor told me my foot was badly infected from the rusty nail driven through my foot. 

I nearly lost my foot that day. 
I didn't though. 

The second near-death experience was a lot more painful. 

I was ten. 
My ex-father was spraying me with hose water as it was a hot day. 
I was running close to the house to escape my fathers wrath. We were laughing.
I was running backwards, I turned... And run into the corner of an open window.
Blood pooled across my vision and I began to scream. 

I was taken to the hospital AGAIN. 
I was in there for three hours. One in the waiting room, the other two having my head sewn shut. 
I was high the entire time. Cracking jokes and telling GOD awful puns. 

I was given fourteen stitches, head glue, medication, and a damn long shower. 

The third near-death experience was awful. 
I fell off a cliff. 
You read that right. 

I was walking too close to the edge, didn't see a loose rock, stumbled and fell. 
My brother's, are my Fucking hero's. 
They saw it before I did, and my older brother moved quickly. As I fell off the cliff, my other brother ran ahead and got my parents. ( I learned after he nearly had an asthma attack running after them! )
My older brother meanwhile, climbed down and called the ambulance. 

I didn't break anything, but I had so~ many bruises, and a sprained wrist & ankle.
If you are reading this my Brother's, God bless you.  

My last near-death experience truly showed me how AWFUL humans were. 
I got into a fistfight.
This random kid, saw my very well hidden, " Love is Love  " Pin, and when I was walking home, he jumped me. 
He hit me twice in the stomach, once in the ribs and once in the knee. At one point he drew a knife. 
I, on the other hand, broke his nose, nearly broke his sixth rib, and got out of there, HELLA fast when he pulled that knife, 

As I ran to my friend's house, ( More like limped ) I realised how awful people were. 
Arthur, Fucking Arthur. 
My best friend learned the story from me after I had stopped crying. 
He told me not to tell anyone, as he had a plan. 
He gave me;
SIXTEEN pride pins, Eight rainbow flag patches, Four Trans pins, and a " Sounds Gay, I'm in. " badge. 
I pinned them to my bag, and this, my friends, was when I learned who my friend really was in my school. 

It turned out my friend was the kingpin in my school. 
He was mean. Trading Raro, Sweets, Out-lawed items in my school, cheat sheets and answer sheets. 
When I had befriended him, He had put me on the figurative ' No Harm List
I didn't know I was practically invincible, and apparently neither did the kid that jumped me. 

He then called up his Quote on Quote, Bouncer bodyguard friends, and asked them to guard me. 
The next day, the kid that hurt me, looked disgusted as he saw my newfound bag, but then he looked horrified as three, scary-looking kids, walked in behind me. 

He didn't touch me again. 

Arthur and I lost contact, and someone stole my bag, but, holy hell. 
Arthur from NZ, if you are reading this, give me a call. 

The point of all this? 
I want to tell you something. 

Time doesn't heal anything.
It just teaches us how to live
with the pain. 

Throughout my life, I remembered my mother telling me,
" Life doesn't revolve around you, cupcake. Grow up.
My mother raised me well. 

Looking across this platform, I have noticed sad faces, miserable comments, snarky replies and people suffering from the pressure. 

When this year started, I thought I was the most unlucky person on this stupid planet. 
Now, I realise there are more unlucky people than me. 
This is one of the only platforms I'm allowed to be on, so I decided, I am here to offer advice, comfort and anything you may need. 

You are not alone, you are loved. 
If not by others, by me. 
You may feel alone, but you are not. 

There are places to reach out. 
Places to talk. 

You are an amazing person, you are wonderful and smart. 
You have a good heart inside, you're beautiful and stunning, both inside and out. 

Your imperfections make you unique. 

- R0gueDrag0n99