Chapter Five

To My Wife,                                                         
You light up my days, 
You are an amazing woman. 
The flesh of my flesh, 

The bone of my bone. 
You are priceless, 
The honour upon my sceptre, 

The covering to our kids, 
You are my wife. 
The custodian of my sanity, 

∾ The Creator ∾  
19th: 10th: 00

_____________________________________()_________________________________________

How Liam did what he did is as good as guess as yours.

Sometimes we would listen to his breathing to see if it was real, it was. He wasn't a robot, but he acted like it sometimes. Doing the same thing, day in and day out.

he would whisper to me sometimes. All manner of things. Like;
' Did you know, Lemons are hybrids? We created them. SO technically speaking the saying ' When life gives you Lemons. ' Is incorrect. ' or sometimes he would say.

' When seagulls fly in from the sea, it's either really stormy, or a storm is brewing. Always listen to the bird's, Ava. '

I would hang onto every word.
Liam was my connection to the world outside my small town. He was a part of the army, and he travelled across the world.
Once he had to leave on a train, so he gave me his compass. I had run after the train shouting, " How will you find your way back!? "He and his friends laughed and he shouted, " Keep it safe for me! I'll come back for it! " Then Liam and his army boys vanished around a corner out of my sight.

That was the last time I saw him.
He never returned home like he promised he would. I always clung to his promise, keeping the compass in my pocket, or tied it to my belt. My brother was known to keep his promises, like on my birthday he had promised to get me an axolotl plush. He woke me up early and told me that he had a surprise. Sure enough, he had gotten me one.
Liam had promised to return, I trust my brother. He will keep his promise . . . right?

Three years later, my life was in shambles. I was being picked on and our parents were never home. I clung to Liam's promise. I imagined the battles he fought and the wars he won. I imagined him crying out his battle cry and running into danger to save someone. I imagined him laughing with his war buddies, as they sat around a fire on a cold night drinking beer and eating pork and beans. I imagined him saying things like, " My sister must miss me, luckily I'm coming home soon. " Sometimes I would imagine the medals on his chest clinking as he knocked on my door. They all told me he wasn't coming home, I didn't believe them. My brother will come for me.
He promised.

The day it happened was my eighth birthday. I'm going to wish for Liam to come home.
Sadly I was so excited that my birthday was today. I didn't see the truck. I saw a flash of green, the cracking of bones and screams of horror.
The ambulance was called and I was taken to the hospital.
All I could think about was Liam, and the wish I had.

I flatlined twice in the ambulance and once in the hospital.
I overheard my mother say something.
" He got away, the truck driver. "
" Damn him. "

I saw them through blurry eyes. I tried to say something to comfort them. My mother was crying, my father was angry. My throat was dry and it was hard to breathe. I wanted to hold them, but couldn't. Not at the moment. 

I don't think the surgery went away. As excruciating pain hit my body like a ton of bricks.

I screamed, or choked. The sound of rapid beeping filled my ears. Death hurts.
I cried out " Mum! Dad! L-Liam! Help! " A cold hand was placed on my own as the doctors worked furiously to save my life.
It got colder. I wanted to revolt against death, but I couldn't. Mum was sobbing and the doctor was shouting " We're losing her! " And they did.

The pain was gone.
The world felt warmer and happier. A magical feeling flooded my bones. I could hear laughter and music. For some reason, I wanted to stay here forever.
Then the pain kicked in. The beeping of a heart monitor, the crackle of the defibrillators and a nurse cheered out. " We have her back! "
I took deep uneven breaths. The surgery went well after that.

Later I learned that the truck driver was arrested for Driving under the influence, reckless driving and other charges I wasn't aware of it at the time.
As I rested I listened to my family talk about a visitor. I hoped it was grandma, she gave the best hugs and she smelled like lavender. What I got was better.

Liam stepped into my room flanked by two of his Army buddies. He looked worried, after all his little sister just got hit by a truck. He saw me and I nearly cried. He and his friends came and talked to me. They helped me sit up and Liam read a book aloud for us.

It felt like when I was younger, a clumsy four year old me had fallen off a swing and got an injured knee. Liam had read Beauty and the Beast to me.

Sadly they had to leave and I was alone.

Liam returned the next day with a girl around his age.
He introduced her as his girlfriend. Her name was Lilly. And she made a big fuss over me. Almost like mum did when I woke up. Lily asked if I was comfortable if I had eaten if I was cold and Liam had to tell her that I was alright, as I hadn't had any meds and it hurt to talk.

Lilly told me that my court date was today and that's where Mum and Dad were. Liam and Lilly weren't witnesses so they came to see me.
I smiled and hugged her.
I liked her.

The days in the hospital were painful, and one day I had a stroke and nearly died.
I was in so much pain. Everything hurt.
My family came to see me one last time.
My brother called me his little mist girl, And I think that was the only time I ever saw him cry.
Mum and Dad kissed me and said " Goodnight our angel. "
And then a nurse injected me with something. I don't know what it was. But everything began to numb down and I smiled for the last

The music came back and I felt wings wrap around me. I laughed and Danced I was free at last. I screamed out
" I'M FREE! " I don't know why. 
I cried and I danced and laughed with the stars. 

Free at last. 
I'm sorry mum. 
I'm sorry dad. 
I couldn't save the empires. I couldn't do it. 
The Creator, Rebel I tried so hard. To save everyone. 

This is Ava Rebellious Angelious Lorde, saying goodbye for the last time. 

_____________________________________()_________________________________________

( Thank you for reading this chapter. This chapter is an insight into what happened to Rebel and the Creators granddaughter. 
If you can't tell, Xornoth killed her. 
Thank you for reading. Have a good day/night. )