Chapter Seven

( WARNING!!!!!!!! : EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE AND GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF DEATH / BLOOD! READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!! ) 

Scott reached for the sword swinging on his hip, drawing it from its sheath. 
Jimmy grabbed his sword as well. 
They raced through the crowd of scared people towards the screams. 
" WHAT'S GOING ON?! " Kitsune shouted over the screams, Her battle-axe was out in one hand, and Younger Kitsune clutched close to her chest. The small girl was silently crying and was gripping Kitsunes shirt. 
" WE DON'T KNOW YET! " Scott shouted back, His eyes scanning the crowd, trying to determine why everyone was scared. Then he saw it, a pool of red blood spilt across the square flagstones. The cyan-ettes eyes widened, " LOOK! " He yelled, pointing at the blood. 
Kitsune and Solidarity gasped. Alexius rushed over, his cross-bow notched.   
" DID YOU SEE WHO DID IT!? " Alexius asked a bystander, taking him by the arm. 
The poor man was shaking and said, " There was a d-demon, H-He killed a Child. " 
Alexius let go of the male arm and raced ahead. 
Scott glanced around and saw Royal Guards holding someone down. 
" P-PLEASE! SHE'S M-MY TWIN! LET ME GO!! " 
He heard Solidarity gasp, then saw him run over. 
" LET HER GO! " He ordered, the royal guards reluctantly let go and Emma stood up and raced to the male. Jimmy scooped her up and held her close, even though the girl was sobbing and crying desperately to get to her twin's side. 

Kitsune ( The younger one. ) buried her head into Kitsune ( The older ones ) neck. 
Scott turned to the dead body and his eyes widened. 
A young girl was lying on the flagstones, her mask shattered in pieces beside her. Blood pooling out of her mouth and her entirely black eyes now had large gashes over them. Her neck slit and stab wounds littered her chest. She looked as if she had been tortured. 
Emma was screaming and struggling against Jimmy's embrace. 
" EMILY!! EMILY!! " She shouted Tears falling under her mask. 
Scott's heart shattered as he watched the girl struggle. 
" By Aeors Antlers... " whispered Alexius, a hand over his mouth. 

Before anyone could do anything, Emma had broken free from the cod fathers grip and raced over, her mask clattering to the flagstones. Gasps echoed from the royal guards. 
Emmas' eyes were entirely Gold, and her tears were gold too. 

She slid down to her twin's side and began to sob, holding Emily's head. 
" I'm s-sorry, I-I'm s-so s-sorry! " She cried, her golden tears falling onto Emily's face. 
Scott dropped down beside her and pulled her away. 
Emma cried out miserably. 
" FIND WHO DID THIS! NOW!! " Ordered ( older ) Kitsune, her axe pointed at the captain of the royal guard.  The guards saluted and ran off, barking orders at each other. 
Alexius, out of respect, took his jacket off and laid it over the young girl's body. 
Scott then took Emma away and gave her to a nearby guard, who volunteered to take the child back to the palace. 

The king turned to his royal guards. 
" Shut down this part of the festival, corner it off, and get a medical examiner down here! Get a doctor too! Investigate the allys and all dark corners,  search everywhere! Keep a low profile, and somebody gets these kids parents down here! " he ordered, anger in his veins. 
Not at the kids, not at the guards, not at anyone in riverdell. No. 
The person who did this will pay. Scott thought bitterly, tightening the grip on his sword. 
" What do we do now sir? " Asked older Kitsune, still holding a younger and shaken Kitsune. 

( You know what . . . From now on, Older Kitsune will henceforth be known as FOX!! It's WAY~ to hard to just keep writing Older Kitsune, or Younger Kitsune. What was I thinking?

" FOX! " Shouted someone running up to older Kitsune. It was a woman around Kitsunes age, She had long dark red hair and was wearing a dark purple kimono. Two Royal guards grabbed the woman and ordered her to stay back. Fox looked pissed she stormed over and ordered, 
" Let go of my Wife! " 
The guards let go and the woman ran over and held Fox and Kitsune ignoring everything else. 

It was pandemonium. 
People were trying to see what happened, children were crying, Joel had gotten to the crime scene and had placed his cape over any visible bits that were not covered by Alexius jacket. 
Alexius ignored them all and continued to bark orders at the guards. 
Scott looked down at the small girl, her covered body bathed in the lights of the lanterns. Solidarity was standing silently beside him. Solidarity looked traumatized, tears falling down his face. 
The cyan-ette pulled him close, letting the blond sob into his chest. 

Soon, Lizzie, Kathrine and Joey showed up. 
Lizzie was mortified, but her warrior side snapped into play. She turned and joined the hunt for the murderer.
Kathrine's wings opened and she took Kitsune from Fox and her wife embraces, taking her to a secluded place in a market stall corner. Guards under orders from Fox, followed them keeping them safe from the public and any potential murderers. 
Joeys opened his wings, Scott, Joel, Fox and her wife, Sasi, hid under them. Joeys wings protected them from loud noises and questions from the public. 
Alexius was off helping Lizzie and guarding Kathrine. 

" Poor kid. She was so young. And her twin, it must feel like a piece of your souls missing. . . . " Joey whispered to the group. His blue eyes showed sadness and remorse. 
Scott nodded and looked at Fox.  
" Here in Riverdell, Twins are immensely rare. The two girls in question were named after Twin gods. Emily, the goddess of Justice, and Emma, goddess of Balance. Their symbol is twin Koi Fish. Emma's Koi fish had black markings, and Emilys had Gold markings. Not many people know this, but Twins in riverdell are born with Black and Gold coloured eyes, some Twins are born with Orange patches on their skin. And your right, Emily would feel as if her soul was torn in half, soon, she will experience pains in her neck, face and chest. As twins share the pain. " Fox said, rubbing her wife back. The poor woman looked miserable. 
Joel nodded. 
" In the Mezaleas entire history, 45,000 years, we have never had a pair of twins So I can't exactly say anything to assist this situation I'm afraid. " Joel said sadly, shaking his head. 
" Sorry to interrupt, but we need a plan. " Solidarity said catching everyone's attention. 

" Right. Fox, Close down all stalls, send them home. It's not safe. Get the guards to monitor the streets in groups of four, No more, No less. Get them to change every six hours. Protect all children, and get Emma a nice grave somewhere peaceful. She deserves it. " Scott ordered the group. Then Joey folded his wings back under his cape, he and the other rulers were taken back to the palace. The festival was shut down and everyone was told to go home. 

___________________________________()________________________________________

The palace was in lockdown, even the King wasn't allowed out of his quarters. 
So Scott lay in his bed, thinking. 
The man said something about a Demon? 
That doesn't make sense. 
Demons do exist, but they haven't been seen for over a hundred years. 
But why does that sound familiar somehow? 

Scott knew that his gods weren't telling him everything. And the only thing he knew wouldn't lie to him were sitting on his shelves. The ruler dragged his tired body out of the comfy sheets and staggered to the book shelves. 
After running his fingers along the books spines, the cyan-ette determined that the book he needed was not here.  
" Damn, Now I have to get the book from the library. But I can't leave the room. . . " he muttered to himself. Scott glanced around the room looking for a way out, that didn't include getting noticed by the guards. 

Then he saw the open window. 
" Now that, is a good idea. "  Scott mused. 
___________________________________()________________________________________

( End )