Chapter Six

Scott grinned like a child as he finished his sentence. 
Vivian bashed her head on the table. 
" Scott, I am fourteen. I do not have to listen to your bull crap about loving Solidarity. " A voice interrupted their conversation from across the kitchen. 
" MILK ON THE STOVE! " 
Scott stepped to the side as two chefs raced past. 
" Vivian you don't understand! He flipping kissed me! " The girl picked her pot of melted fudge up and began to pour it into a lined pan. 

The kitchen was abuzz with chefs and bakers. They rushed back and forth holding pots and pans, spoons and bowls. Preparing for the festivals feast. Scott had come down and started talking to Vivian as she managed an entire kitchen of frantic chefs.  

" Look with all due respect, I do not have time for this! But I can definitely keep talking. I'm a multitasker. " the girl said as she tasted a biscuit. 
A young male ran up to Vivian and shouted, " Milk, Stove, Bang! " The fourteen-year-old spun on her heels and dashed forward towards the opposite side of the kitchen. " Watch the Fudge! " Shouted a baker as she sprinted past. 
The ruler grabbed the fudge tray and placed it in the fridge. 

" Damn It! Keep an eye on it, people! Milk has tendencies! God damn! WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE!!! " Vivian turned to a nearby chef. 
" Make a new batch, PRONTO!! " she ordered. Scott trailed behind her and continued. " I'm going to make advances! Not to make him feel uncomfortable or anything. " The cyan-ette ducked under two people carrying a crate or fruit. 
Vivian turned around, " Get that fruit sliced and diced! We don't have time to waste! " 
She then turned and addressed the entire kitchen. 
" ATTENTION!  WE HAVE TWENTY HOURS TILL THIS FOOD NEEDS TO BE ON THE TABLE!  WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR MISTAKES!! MOVE PEOPLE! GO, GO, GO!!  "
People went full tilt and it became more frantic. 

" MILK ON THE STOVE! " 
" CAKE IN THE OVEN! " 
" I NEED MORE EGGS! " 
" WATCH THE SPAGHETTI! "  
" DONE! " 

Vivian had sweat rolling down her face as she moved around faster than was thought possible. 
Scott continued talking to her while answering questions and helping out. 
A pan reared up into flame as a chef flipped around the mushrooms. 
Vivian drew out chopsticks and nicked a thin slice of mushroom in mid-air, put it into her mouth, waited and then said, " Put a cream sauce on it, and fry it quicker! " The chef nodded and turned up the heat. 
Scott picked up a stack of plates and placed them beside the chef, who nodded towards the king. 

It was chaos, and Scott ended up with rolled-up sleeves, needing bread dough.
The baker beside him was cutting any prepared dough that Scott gave him. 
The baker's hands moved swiftly, placing rolled up pieces of dough on the oven tray, before sliding it over to another chef who put it in the oven. 
A hand was placed on Scott's arm, he turned and saw Alexius. 
" You need to get ready, Another chef will take your place. " The king let go and a nearby chef quickly took his place. 

Scott and Alexius dodged chefs and bakers as they excited the busy kitchen. 
"It's hell in there, " Murmured Scott as he wiped his hands. 
" You should see out here... " Winced the advisor, as he pushed open the main doors. 
He was right. 
Maids dashed back and forth, Kathrine was assisting with whatever she could, and Lizzie was helping Joey with his cape. Guards marched down the hall, butlers raced out holding chairs and tables, and chefs were running outside with trays of food. 
A butler dashed down the hall and ran up to Scott.
" Your Highness! Paperwork had been delivered to your office! " 
He then ran off quickly. 
Scott moved swiftly to the stairs, and as he neared the top he noticed that it was like downstairs. 
Chaos. 

People dashed around Guards helped out where they could, Butlers were opening doors for people to the point they just pinned back the doors and left to help out. Maids hung up traditional riverdell banners in the halls and out of open windows. 
Scott moved past everyone and towards his office. 
He pushed open the door and closed it behind him. 
The king sighed and went to his desk. 
The paper was strewn across the wood and he sighed again. 
This was going to take a while.