Chapter Three

( This Chapter has a key place in the plot. It's not just something random. ) 

Flowers. 
Hundreds of flowers lining all across the cliffside, accompanying the large cherry trees. A soft breeze ruffled the flower petals, blowing them around. The mist was rolling across the ground, swirling around the woman ankles as she walked across towards the cliffs. 

Her long dark golden gown dragged out behind her, her dark brown skin shimmered in the hazy sun. Her medium-long gold hair was falling down her back, pushed out of her face by her silver crown. The jewellery on her ankles, wrists, arms, neck, and ears clinked softly as she slinked towards the insanely tall figure standing at the edge of the cliff. 

The woman's name is Rebel lightwave. 
A powerful, yet discreet lightning goddess, who travelled around the world, offering guidance. 
And that night, she was to meet with her significant other, and her spouse.
They had been married for over three millennia.  

As Rebel stepped up beside her lover, onto the cliffside gazebo, a single cherry blossom fell onto her head. 
A black clawed hand gently reached up and picked it off. The goddess turned and looked up at the demon. They were wearing a suit that fitted their frame perfectly. Their entirely white eyes matched with their pitch-black skin. The demon bent down and Rebel pecked them where their mouth would be if the mouth was visible. 

" My Love, It had been too long. " The demon spoke, voice glitching slightly and acting almost indecisive if it was feminine or masculine. Rebel laughed slightly. " Yes, it has my Amore. " 
They stood side by side. 
Rebel raised her hand and removed her simple gold band. She held it up to the light and frowned. " It's dirty. I swore I didn't get any dirt on it. " She grumbled, summoning a white handkerchief.
" No Need. May I? " 
" Go for it. " 

The demon gently took the ring from her and held it in their clenched hand.  
A few seconds passed and they returned the ring. Now shining and shimmering. 
" Neat. Can you do that with weapons? Or capes? " Rebel joked, slipping the ring back on. 
The demon brushed off their hands before answering. 

" I haven't tried. " 

Rebel chuckled, directing her attention to the ocean. They stood in silence. Not comfortable, not uncomfortable. Just silence. " Rebel. Can we do something like old times? " 
" Oh? " 

The demon summoned a dark red lantern with gold trimming. And a gold lantern with dark red trimming. The first lantern had a storm etched into it. A single lightning bolt going down the centre. 
The other had a rose on it. 

Rebel looked shocked. 
" Y-You remembered? " 
" I'm an Immortal demon who has been around since the start of time. I usually can't remember everything. But these, are etched into my memory for all eternity. And before we talk business, we should talk memory. " 
Rebel smiled softly. 
She accepted the dark red lantern, fondly holding it in her hands. 

The demon wrapped one arm around her shoulders, the lantern flames lit up by themselves. 
And Rebel glanced up towards her spouse receiving a nod. 

The two simultaneously launched the lanterns. 
Watching them float up into the clouds. The calm wind barely affecting them. 
It was almost like they were godlings again. Watching the lanterns in Rebel's homeworld, float higher and higher in the sky. 
The cheers of other gods, the explosions of fireworks, and the smells of traditional buns and fire beer. 

They stood hands on the railing, inches away from one another. 
Cruthaitheori, the demon, broke the silence. 

"Let's talk business. " 
" Scott smajor has to be crowned king of Empires. " 
" We need to make this happen. HE is getting too strong. " 
" I agree. The bonds will not hold HIM forever. "