Chapter Eight

" This was not a good idea! "
" No Shit Scott. "
Vivian and Scott stood on the ledge that ran around the exterior of the castle. Rain beating down on them. Fear burning in their hearts.
The wind howled above the pairs head, threatening to push them to their untimely doom.
Vivian squeaked as her foot came loose.
The cyan-ette quickly grabbed the back of her jacket and pulled her beside him.

" I should've stayed in the kitchen! What was I thinking?! This is practically suicide! " Cried out the young female, her voice getting lost in the wind.
Scott stepped along the edge, inching towards the library window. Vivian stepped after him, clinging tightly to any loose brick she came across.
" Nearly there! " Scott shouted to Vivian, as he grasped the window ledge.
The girl nodded and inched closer to her brother figure.

The window opened and the two fell into the library.
Vivian was first to stand up, wiping her eyes of rainwater. Scott closed the window and the two were now standing in the Palace Library.
" What did you need me for anyway? You could get into serious trouble just by exiting your room! And I could be locked away just for being here! " Vivian hissed, clearly afraid.
Scott walked over to a bookshelf.
" We're looking for a book. " He whispered, glancing back at her.
Vivian was shaking badly and looked close to hypothermia.

" Here, wear this. Can't have you freeze to death. " Scott said taking off his cape and handing it to her.
Suddenly they heard the sound of a crossbow being loaded.
" You are not supposed to be here. " Said a cool voice from behind them. The two turned and saw a woman with light blue hair, sitting cross-legged in a chair.
A loaded crossbow in her lap.

" H-Hey Allisa! Please don't kill us. " Vivian trailed off.
Allisa stood up, her cape falling down her back, and dragging across the floor. Scott avoided the woman's pitch black eyes, as she stepped in front of them.
" You should be in your rooms. It's not safe. "
Scott stood up straight and said, " We came for a book. It could help me with something. " 

A knock on the door stopped Allisa from saying anything more. 
" Commander, is everything okay? " asked someone from outside the library's doors. 
Allisa looked between the two on her right and the door. A few seconds of silence before Allisa replied. 
"Everything all right in here lieutenant. " as she said this she looked directly at the pair. 
Scott silently thanked her and Vivian mouthed ' Thank you! ' 
Allisa whipped around, her cape flowing behind her as she marched to the door. 
She glanced back at them before winking. 

The door shut, plunging the room into silence. 
Exchanging a silent acknowledgement the two went back to searching for a book.  

___________________________________()________________________________________

Scott reached up to the taller shelf, drawing out a thin book. 
He took a quick glance at the cover before quickly throwing it into the bin. He shivered and murmured, " What.The.Fish? Why do we have that? " 
Vivian then whispered from beside him, " Pull the lever, Kronk. " 
Scott chuckled and pulled an imaginary lever. 
The girl pretended to fall and softly said, " Wrong lever!~ " 

The two laughed softly as they continued to search for the book. 
" Why are we looking for a book anyway? Don't you have some in your room? " Vivian said, pulling two books out and examining them. 
Scott pulled some books down and glanced at the covers. 
" Because when I was younger, Alexius told me about a book in this library. A book on magical beings. Angels, Gods, and Demons. " He then reached up and grabbed a leather-bound book. He pulled it down and frowned. 
" A Hundred and Ten ways to kill your parents. If only I had this when I was a prince.... " 
 Bingo. 

The cyan-ette slid down the ladder and gently stepped onto the wooden floor. 
He walked over to Vivian and showed her the book, a smile present on his features. 
" Tada! " 
The girl groaned. 
" Now we go back out the window... Great. " 
Scott grinned and dragged her back to the window. 
" Ready? "
Vivian shook her head. 
"Too Bad! Of to the kitchen! " he smirked, pulling her out of the window and onto the ledge. 
The girl grasped Scott's arm tightly, placing her trust in him. 

___________________________________()_______________________________________

( Got random near the end. Whoops. )
( Have a Good Day/Night! )