Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

I pulled away,"can you not?" I said while giving Cody a glare.

"You're cute when you're mad." He said laughing.

The whole car ride was just him complimenting me. I kept giving bitchy come backs and each time he would just laugh.

We pulled into a chipotle and he said, "Your mom said it was your favorite."

He really knew how to lighten me up. Usually I would say I'm not hungry, but pass up chipotle? Hell no. He was paying anyways so why not?

"Yeah it is." I said smiling at him while he open the door to let me out.

We went into chipotle and I order a chicken burrito and he order a burrito bowl. He told the cashier to go. I was wondering what was next, I mean I wasn't excited, but just curious.

We got in the car and I watched as his hands firmly gripped the steering wheel and I caught myself staring at all his perfect body.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He said, smiling.

I blushed and begin fumbling with my fingers. I noticed we were headed into a gated community and so I asked,"Are we going back to your house?"

He laughed,"I wish, this is a friend of mines house, I asked if I could use it for the night since he is in Havasu."

"You've only lived here for like a week? How do you already know people?" I said curiously.

"Honey, I'm Cody Cunningham, I know everyone."

I laughed.

We pulled up and a huge mansion was all I could see. It had a huge porch that wrapped around, the house was tan and white. We walked inside and a windy staircase was in the center, and a huge window was straight ahead, through it you could see a huge teal blue pool.

We sat down and ate in silence until he asked me if I wanted a drink.

"No thanks." I said harshly.

"That's not what you said last night." He chuckled.

"Do you always laugh at your own jokes?"

"As a matter of fact I do, beautiful." He said looking into my eyes.

"You remind me of my friend Drake, whenever you say beautiful.." I stated.

"That fag who threw the party? I hate that kid." He said while his jaw clenched.

"He's not a fag. He's one of my best guy friends." I said glaring

"Well when he lays a hand on my girl, he was asking for it." He said looking down.

His girl? Since when was I his girl. Asking for it? Asking for what I thought. Then it all added up. I gasped,"You punched Drake?"

"Yeah."

"Why."

"He started to grab your waist and you said no, so I told him to back off and that you are with me. Then he shoved me, so I knocked him out." He said with anger in his eyes.

"Violence is not the answer, you could have really hurt him."

"I couldn't help myself, when he commanded you like that I lost it."

Even though Drake was like my best friend, I liked how Cody stood up for me.

After eating he took me outside and we talked and laughed for hours. What was I doing? I was falling for that new bad boy. How could I not? He was so sweet, hot, and funny.

"I better go, it's almost 10." I said standing up.

"Please don't," he said coming towards me.

As his lips were just inches from mine, I stepped back, only to find out there was the pool behind me. I sank into the pool, and I see Cody shirtless right across from me.

As we caught our breath above water, he said," where were we?"

He grabbed my waist, kissing me under the water. I hooked the back of his neck and loosened my fingers into his hair. He started to swim toward the stairs, still holding me, and picked me up bridal style once out. He kicked the backdoor open, while I was kissing his neck. He set me down and said, "and I thought you were sick?" Sending me a wink