Chapter Fifteen

Remember that Cody has anger problems but he does love Haley and he hasn't told her yet. Just an FYI(; COMMENT FAN AND VOTE! Love you all xoxoxo

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I woke up and felt a sharp pain in my side, I almost forgot that I had a cracked rib. I leaned on the other side trying to ease the pain but it was unbearable. I heard my mom coming and I asked her if she could get me some pain meds. She ran downstairs and I tried to sit up to take the meds. She came back in with some warm water and a small pill. I gulped it down and I began to lay back down. "I can't believe it's your last christmas as a kiddo." My mom said while running her fingers through my hair like she use too. 

Oh shit. It was christmas. I totally forgot, maybe it was because it was my first night back. I told her I would try to make it down by the tree. She went downstairs and got my presents ready. I threw my legs over the side of my bed and slowly sat up. It hurt a bit but not at bad as expected.  I sat up and grasped my side where my rib was injured. My mom ran in, looking scared, I guess I screamed, Did I even hear myself scream? "You ok sweetheart?" She wrapped me in a warm blanket and I sighed in relieve as an answer. 

I slowly but surely made it down the stairs and made it down by the tree. It was weird only having my mom and me. I sure did miss my sister, she was part of this organization where she went around the world and helped animals that were starving and such. She had met a guy and I mean, I'm glad she is happy but she skipped Christmas. As for my dad, he was in army. I was use to having him not here but it hurts when I can barely remember his voice. He didn't even know about my crash yet because he can't talk where ever he is because it is like secret or something. 

I opened my presents and my major presents were new converse, giftcards, books, and a new boombox. I was really happy but I always look forward to when my mom opens my presents. She unwrapped it and put her hand to her mouth. She looked up and had tears in her eyes. "I thought this was gone, how did you..?" 

"I've always had it in my wallet, just to remind me that we are still a family and that we did at one point really love eachother." She looked down and stared at our last family photo of all four of us that I had framed. I was young and innocent, not knowing that he was going to leaving for about 7 years with a visit or two that I can't even remember. I wasn't mad, I still loved him but it wasn't the real love a daughter should have, it was the kind of love that you know you had but it drifted away as he did. 

"This is by far the best present I have ever gotten." She pulled me for a hug and winced as she touched my side. She let go and now the tears were going down her face. She had the photo held to her chest. 

She got up and went into the kitchen to make her world famous breakfast burrito. She made it every Christmas and the smell of the sizzling bacon and roasting potatoes still give me what is left of a memory of my dad. 

I heard a knock and my mom eeked and ran to the door. I was very curious on who was here but decided to just stay put by the tree. I looked up and saw Cody wearing the most hideous Christmas sweater ever. I started laughing really hard and he looked embarrassed. He came and sat next to me and kissed me on the cheek. "How you feeling doll?" 

"Good but even better now that you are here." I leaned in to kiss him and he pulled back and started to sniff around. 

"Is that bacon?" He got up and ran to the kitchen. I giggled and it kind of hurt but i liked it. 

He came back with a bunch of bacon in his mouth. He smiled and pulled out a little wrapped box with a bow on it. "Merry Christmas Beautiful." I opened it, and gasped at the sight of a small simple Tiffany necklace that was an infinite heart. "Let me help you." He grabbed the necklace and slowly pulled my hair off my neck. He pulled it around and clicked it on and kissed my neck slowly. I moaned slightly and he gave me a devilish smirk. I laughed and pulled a present from under the tree. 

"Here." I said handing him this large box. He lifted a eyebrow but procided to open it up. His jaw dropped and he kept saying no way. "This is so sick." I got him this skateboard he wouldn't stop talking about. He leaned in to kiss me and right before our lips touched my mom said, "Breakfast is ready!" I laughed and pushed him off. He helped me up and I slowly walked to the kitchen. 

I forgot how much I missed these burritos. They were the next best thing to heaven. I looked over at Cody who was on his 3rd burrito. That morning, we sat and drank coffee and talked about old Christmas stories. Like how, I use to think I heard the reindeer and would cry because they were gunna fall through the roof. Cody told us how he kissed a girl in kinder-garden under a mistletoe and got in trouble. 

Izzie came over later that night and we exchanged gifts. She got me a new straightener and I got her a beainie and some new vans. My mom went to a office christmas party and Izzie invited Jessie over and we kind of planned a double date. 

We played apples to apples and watched horror movies. Jessie and Cody hit it off and seemed to have a lot in common. Even though I had my accident and sissy was gone and dad, I had the best Christmas ever. 

I know its short); I will wrtie tommorrow but this chapter was a little short and sweet<3