Chapter Twenty Two

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

~*Codys POV*~

I just lost the best thing that has happened to me. I sat on signal hill and looked over the city. I heard a car pull up and swiftly got on my feet. "Weird seeing you here." I hear behind me. 

"What the fuck do you want?" I said, staring disgustly at Drake. 

"I saw you and Haleys little fight." He said with a sarcastic sad face. 

"Stay out of my god damn business. Did you like follow me here?" I said with my fists clenched. 

"I just saw you drive up here so why not have a little talk." He said walking towards me. He was a little bit shorter than me and didn't have much of any muscle. Why was he trying to mess with me. 

"Just fuck off Drake. I love Haley. I'm leaving." I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and tried to get out of there before I hit him. 

"I know you're hiding something." He shouted while I climbed in. I look at him in shock and get back out. I walk toward him. 

"I'm not hiding anything. I would leave right now before you get hurt." He laughed and stepped back.

"Haley isn't going to be very happy when she hears about you're little secret, will she?" I grabbed his shirt and pulled him close.

"I have no fucking secret. Get the fuck out of my life. You don't know me or my past." I threw him on the ground and drove away. 

My hands were clenched on the steering wheel as I drove down back to my house. I pulled up to my house and slammed the door open. My fist crushed the wall on my way to my room. I fell to the hard wood floor and grabbed my neck forming into a ball. I shook due to anger. 

I needed to leave this town. I was trapped and suffocating again from the past. I was finally away from the night terrors and mental rages. I hadn't felt free from it until I met Haley. Something about her makes me forget everything and feel normal again. I needed her so bad right now. 

I sat up, sweaty from stress and anger, and threw off my shirt. I went into my bathroom and took a cup of water in my hands, drenching my face with it. I looked into the mirror and saw the old me. I stepped back and saw what was happening to me. I threw my fist behind me and shattered the mirror. My hand was dripping blood as I grabbed my phone. Scrolling down finding the contact under Haley<3 and seeing her cute smiling face in the small picture in the corner of my screen. I looked at the clock to see it was 3 a.m but I just needed to hear her voice to calm me down. 

"Cody." Haley breathed, almost a whisper into the phone and I had to catch my breath. 

"Will you come over?" I said, rubbing my hair back. 

"I'll be there in 10 min." She said and my heart felt better already. I hung up the phone and sat on my bed waiting. 

~*Haleys POV*~

I looked over to see Izzie snoring with popcorn on her chest. I chuckled to myself and slowly got out of bed. I knew he would call me, I knew he had to see me like I had to see him. I slipped on some warmer clothes and ran out to my car. 

I pulled up to his house and walked fast to the door. I knocked twice and Cody swiftly opened the door shirtless and grabbed me. He kissed me and went down breathing on my neck. I put my hand over his, holding my waist and pulled back seeing blood. I looked at it then back at him. I stormed up to his bedroom, first seeing the hole in the wall then see blood on his sheets. I looked to see where it trailed to and ran into the bathroom. I stepped into a piece of glass and saw it all shattered. Cody grabbed my arm and I just had my mouth open wide. 

I was kind of afraid to be next to him after seeing how angry he just was. He could tell I was afraid. "Please don't be scared." I couldn't look him in the eyes and a few tears ran down my cheek. I grabbed his hand and saw the pieces of glass. He cringed a bit and I looked into his green eyes. 

"Why do you do this?" I rubbed my hand on his cheek and saw his glassy eyes fill with tears. 

"I'm scared Haley. I'm scared that you actually care about me. I have never really had that. I've never had someone love me the way you do. I just left you in the rain alone and you still come back to me." He blinked long and a tear ran down his cheek. 

"That's because when you love someone you do everything for them. You don't judge them by there past or what they have done. You have compassion for their weakness' and you help them through the rough times." I began to cry, with slow tears flowing down my face. 

"I usually think I don't need anyone and that I am perfectly okay being by myself and that I am so strong. I do need someone and today I realized that I need you. I don't just love you, I can't live without you." I looked into his eyes and reached up hugging him. He put his mouth next to my ear whispering, "I was scared when I first met you because something inside me knew you were special."

I pulled back, with my hands around his neck. "Ditto." I smiled and we kissed once again. I pulled his hand up and pulled him down stairs into the kitchen. 

"This is going to sting a bit." I poured the alcohol onto his wound and he tensed up. His muscles in his arm flexed and shined in the lights of the kitchen. I grabbed some wrap from the first aid kit and slowly wrapped his hand with it. I saw his scars faded on his arm.  I could tell he was staring at me while I was doing it. "What?" 

I looked up at him, still wrapping his hand, he smiled down at me. "Alright you're all wrapped up." 

"Thanks. Its kind of 4 in the morning." We started to laugh when we heard a pounding at the door. Cody pushed me behind him and I grabbed his arm. 

"Haley! Are you in there?" Izzie shouted, practically beating up the door. Cody opened the door and Izzie stormed in with her makeup running. "You scared the living shit out of me!" 

"I'm sorry you were like dead asleep!" Izzie shoved me and got out her inhaler because she couldn't catch her breath.

"Why are you here? He left you in the rain crying, for crying out loud!" Her arms were to her sides. "You guys have a weird ass relationship..." She started to laugh and cry at the same time. Which made me chuckle. 

The next thing I know, Jessie storms in out of breath. "Izzie called me crying." Izzie grabs him and hugs him. I felt like I was in a movie because to many things were happening.  "Why is there blood on the floor?" Jessie asked.

"Oh I punched out my mirror." Cody said, like it was no biggie. 

"Guys its 4 in the morning. Lets all go to bed." I said, looking around at everyone. 

Izzie turned to look at Jessie. "Can I sleep over?" Jessie smiled and they headed out the door. 

I looked up at Cody and he grabbed my waist picking me up bridal style. "Let's sleep in the guest room because my room is just a big mess." I laughed and he threw me on the guest bed. 

I stood up as he left to go get us pajamas. When he came back in, I put on one of his huge shirt and hopped into bed. He was just in his boxers and we fell asleep spooning with his huge arm around my waist, pinning me to him tightly. 

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry." He kept repeating this at like 5:30. I turned to face him and he began to panic and shake his head. I shook him awake and he screamed, not knowing where he was. I kiss his cheek trying to calm his down. 

"You okay?" I said rubbing my hand on his shoulder. He was breathing really hard and looked at me.   I could tell he didn't want me to see him do that. "I lightly scratched his hair back and mouthed its okay. He mouthed back I love you, grabbing my waist again and slowly drifting back into sleep.