Chapter Twenty Seven

Sorry it has been so long! I have been juggling finals and ending the school year! I hope you enjoy though!

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

~*Haleys POV*~

"Mom. where are my heels?" I hollered down stairs, still trying to slip on my dress. Cody and Jessie would be here in about 45 minutes and Izzie was almost here. 

"I found them" My mom flashed into my room and abruptly stopped and used her hand to cover her mouth. "Honey... you look gorgeous! Here, let me zip you up." She zipped up my peach long dress that clung to my torso then drooped down to my feet. 

"Hey! Haley omg you look so pretty! Holy shit Cody is gunna pop one!" Izzie said, not seeing my mom to the right of here. " Oh hi.... yikes." We all laughed. Izzie looked amazing, she was wearing a lace dress that shaped her curves and had her super long blonde hair straightened with a small clip pulling back the side. I curled the bottom of my hair with my wand and parted it in the middle. 

We touched up one more time and finally went down stairs to meet the boys. Izzies mom and my mom were talking, cameras in hand. We heard some cars outside and soon walked in Cody and his aunt, also giddy with a camera, Jessie with his grandma were the next to barge in. 

Codys eyes meet mine and he walks over to me. "Haley you are absolutely beautiful." He lightly pulled my chin up and we pecked. I looked at his tuxedo and grabbed the white and peach rose safety pinning it on his pocket. Izzie doing the same next to me. My mom was taking just about a million pictures. 

I see Cody's aunt give him the corsage, he slips it onto my hand and smiles down at me. I mouth I love you and he mouths back i know, making me laugh. We all stepped up on the staircase for a group photo. My cheeks were just about to fall off when my mom told us the limo was here. I saw Cody's aunt call him over and pull him into a hug and she whispered something in his ear, he just nodded and whispered something back. They pulled out and he wiped one of her tears and I could see he said I love you aunty. She just kissed him on the cheek and pushed him out the door.

 We all walked out hopping in to the limo with disco lights inside. When I climbed in cody helped me in then slapped my ass while I got in. Just what Cody was, the gentlemen but also then secret kinky. I laughed and just slapped him. 

We arrived at the Hilton Hotels ballroom downtown, and we walked through the hall with huge chandlers and gold wall paper. We walked into Prom, after being checked for guns and stuff, the DJ was poppin and everyone was already dancing. 

We walked to the couple pictures and then Izzie and I slipped off our heels and headed to the dance floor. We were all dancing then I felt Cody grab my hips so I swung them to the music in sync with him. At one point, I reached my hand and grabbed him neck and he opened him mouth slightly. I smiled turned around dancing to the floor and grinding frontward. 

3 hours into Prom, the DJ told us to slow it down and put on video games acoustic by Lana Del Ray. Cody grabbed my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I looked up to my little green eyed cutie. I rested my head on his chest due to his height and he just leaned down into my ear and slowly said "I love you so much. I thought coming to California was a mistake but it was a miracle. You are my the best thing that has ever happened to me. Haley I'm in love with you."  

I leaned up saying back, "You are everything to me and Cody I never thought I could feel this way about another person. I love you too." He dipped me down slowly smiling and leaned into a passionate kiss. 

Prom was slowly ending and Izzie got our heels while I picked up our purses from the coat check. We all met up to find our limo and we all went to Harbor House, a 24 hour diner for midnight shakes and fries. 

Izzie and Jessie left around 1 and we just told them we would take a cab home. After we ate, we went down to the shore and laid in the sand. He grabbed my hand and we just sat there in comfortable silence. I broke it with, "What did your mom look like?" 

He looked over shocked and just looked back at the stars, "She had short blonde hair to her shoulders and green eyes like mine. She was always cooking with this little red polka dot apron and make this blueberry pie every Christmas. She always told me to be the Cody she knows, I wasn't that Cody for awhile after she died well until I met you." I looked over and smiled with tears in my eyes. 

"Do you miss her?" 

"Everyday." He said, looking at me with slightly watery eyes. I scooted over and hugged him around. Now, crying he rubbed my back. I looked up with red eyes. 

"Why am I balling like an idiot?" I sat up.

"because you love me and can feel my pain." I looked down at him and a few tears ran down my face. I tucked into his arm and we laid like that for another few hours. 

Cody walked into my house and helped me put my suitcase into his car. It was a week after prom and we were heading to Palm Springs for Coachella. We didn't rent a  hotel room because we were just going to sleep in the back of his truck for the festival. He ran up stairs and threw me over his shoulders. I laughed as he tossed me in the front seat. "You ready for Coachella baby!?" He screamed. 

"Hell yeah!!!!!" I said back as we drove away from my small house in Orange County.